Lizardfolk, Keran Duneswift (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
Nomadic in nature, Duneswifts will occasionally setup trading posts near other settlements to barter with the valuable or unusual items they have discovered in their journeys through the deep desert. They are rarely agressive and keep to themselves.
A Duneswift stands from five to six-and-a-half feet tall. Blue and yellow scales cover the duneswift entirely, save two rows of black scales running down their backs. Every Duneswift has a Gila Monster like head, right down to the hundreds of small teeth lining the jaws. The eyes are always either dark blue or black. A somewhat long, thick neck connects the head to the somewhat stocky body. Long digits extend from the hands and feet. A flexible, black-ringed tail extends from the back roughly four feet back. Short spines extend up the arms and legs, as well as down the back and under the eyes. Between the spines is a thin membrane which helps the Duneswift control its body temperature.
Duneswift are usually wary of travelers if nothing else. They believe that it's best to just keep to themselves, and that has served them well. But they are not above trading or assisting passersby.
Duneswift usually stick to alignments with at least one Neutral aspect. Very few are evil.
Duneswift live in the deserts of Sumra. Most live in underground caves, where the temperature is cooler. Even underground they are nomadic were they move from cave to cave.
Most Duneswift Lizardfolk worship gods of the desert, such as Rana God of The Sun.
They commonly speak a barbaric form of Sumran. The more intellegent ones normally try and learn learn Draconic.
Lizardfolk names are invariably Draconic nouns with some relation to the desert.
Duneswift lizardfolk have the following racial traits:
- Type: Humanoid (Reptilian)
- Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
- Size: Medium
- Speed: Base land speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Armor: A Duneswifts scaly skin provides it with a +2 natural armor bonus to its Armor Class.
- Tail: A Duneswift's tail gives it exceptional balance, granting a +4 racial bonus on all Balance and Swim checks.
- Heat Endurance: Duneswifts' receive a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- Desert Stride: The long, splayed toes of a dune swift allow them to ignore penalties for difficult terrain when the condition is due to sand. Also, they may use their full overland movement rate when travelling through desert environments.
- Awkward Build: Due to their tails and bumpy, scaly bodies, Duneswifts must have armor custom made at an increased cost of 50% (including the cost of masterwork armor.)
- Favored Class: Ranger
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||65 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'||+3d10||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 2"||+2d10||130 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|