Lizardfolk, Flat-Tail (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Flat-Tail Lizardfolk
The lizardfolk are as varied in their personality as humans.
 Physical Description
Lizardfolk exhibit a wide range of height, weight, and physical power, depending on the circumstances of their birth and their desired station in life. They tend between four and seven feet tall, and are generally between 150 and 250 pounds. Flat-Tail Lizardfolk scales vary in color between an iridescent azure and a deep indigo color. Their underbellies being sand colored tones. Their name stems from their almost blue-dragon shaped tails. Their long tails are covered in large, wide, plate-like scales, giving them a flat and wide shape. Flat-Tails are also thinner and more agile than a typical lizardfolk.
The lizardfolk and the sahuagin, when they meet, tend to not get along. The sahuagin rule the seas, and the lizardfolk prefer to stick to marshy swamps near the coastlines. However, lizardfolk are capable of living underwater and some do; when they do they come into constant strife with the territorial sahuagin empires.
Their relations with other races depend on the specific tribes and your campaign, as lizardfolk don't tend to any alignment.
Flat-Tail Lizardfolk are usually of neutral alignment
Typically Lizardfolk stick to marshy swampland, usually found near coastlines. However, they often migrate more inland as long as there are marshes and swamps for them to inhabit, and also outwards towards the ocean as they are capable of surviving underwater. They hunt best on land, however. Flat-Tails tend to live in or near deserts. They stick to more lush areas of the deserts they inhabit and are always found near water. More intellectual lizardfolk can be found in various cities throughout the world.
Lizardfolk religion are as varied as the lizardfolk tribes. This one depends on your campaign and what gods and tribes you have.
Lizardfolk speak their own language, known as Lizardfolk. They also tend to speak the common trade language of the world, Common.
Lizardfolk names always have a lot of Ls, Ns, Rs, As, and Ys. Their first name tends to be one distinct word, but their last names tend to be multiple words, separated with apostrophes. Examples include "Lar Narya" and "Lyna Lyr'Yan'Nya".
 Racial Traits
- Stat Adjustments: Lizardfolk are an incredibly varied group of individuals, and as such are based more on the class they choose. This variation doesn't gain any extra stat points.
- Humanoid (Reptilian, Aquatic): Lizardfolk are capable of breathing water and are fierce swimmers.
- Lizardfolk base land speed is 30 feet.
- Lizardfolk swim speed is 40 feet.
- Lizardfolk climb speed is 10 feet.
- Natural Weapons: Lizardfolk have two claws and one bite. The claws deal 1d6 damage each, and the bite 1d8. The claws are its primary natural weapons.
- Amphibious (Ex): Despite being aquatic, lizardfolk are able to survive indefinitely on land.
- Lizardfolk also has low light vision. this is due excessive survival in the dark waters of the swamp and the depths of the sea.
- Scent (Ex).
- Mimic Traits(su): At will, the Flat-Tail Lizardfolk can assume the form of a humanoid race they can visibly see near them. They can keep this form as long as they want. They cannot change into a race bigger than large sized or smaller than small sized. The Lizardfolk can also change into a hybridized form between the two races. (For example; A male Flat-Tail sees a nearby Elven woman. He can assume the race and becomes an Elf. He then sees a Titan. The Titan being bigger than large is unaccessable to the Lizardfolk.) With these changes, the base stats and abilities do not change. You need a True Seeing effect to be able to determine the true race if they are entirely disguised as a race.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic. Bonus Languages: Any (More based around the area the npc/pc originated from.)
- Favored Class: Fighter, Cleric.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||65 years||+2d20 years|
Note: Some Lizardfolk survive much longer than their maximum age. This is usually due to some sort of magic or class feature.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'||+3d10||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 2"||+2d10||130 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|