Lizardfolk, Arctic (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Lizardfolk that were seperated from a tribe thousands of years ago, and were forced to adapt to the new, harsh enviroments.
Arctic Lizardfolk work hard to survive, spending most their time hunting and gathering. They clan together if they can, and many large families, maybe 40 or so, can be fould dwelling in a large cave. Many, however just stick to groups of three to five.
A male Arctic Lizardfolk Stands at about 7ft tall, weighing around 300 pounds, with a hide ranging from light gray to medium gray. Female Arctic Lizardfolk stand at around 6ft, weigh around 230 pounds, and have hides that range from snow white to light gray.
Arctic Lizardfolk trade with Frostfolk, and get along well with them. Both respect each others power, and form alliances in times of trouble. The same can not be said for Nethanderal, who often attempt to corner a lone Arctic Lizardfolk and kill it for meat. In return, Nethanderal camps are pillaged and looted, and Nethaderal are sold to the frequent passing Neogi trails as slaves. Arctic Lizardfolk usually live far away from civilization, and do not deal with dwarves or humans. The aid the occasional Frost Elf only out of respect for their love for nature.
Most Arctic Lizardfolk are Neutral or Chaotic Neutral. They do not tend to become evil or good.
Arctic Lizardfolk can survive in any reigon. They are not covered in massive amounts of fur, like many tundra inhabitants, but have a high blood temperature, and thick skin. Though they could survive in temperate, tropical, or desert areas, It is the Tundra that they are suited for.
Arctic Lizardfolk do not revere any deity, as the Lizardfolk pantheon had long been lost to them. If one were to show themself to them, the Arctic Lizardfolk would revere it. Like all Lizardfolk, Arctic Lizardfolk have an racial love for nature.
Draconic, and those who deal with Frostfolk, Common.
Male - Kendreth, Farav, Varka Female - Sivaraa, Kioxa (Kee-zya), Zeaves
- +4 Strength, +6 Constitution, -2 Intelligence The thousands of years spent in the Frostfell have toughened the Lizardfolk up, hardend their physical attributes, and made them more flexible than the average Lizardfolk
- Humanoid (Reptillian)
- Medium - no changes
- Arctic Lizardfolk has a base land speed of 40ft, and a swim speed of 20ft.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Arctic Lizardfolk's tails gives them exceptional balance, and these lizardfolk gain a +4 racial bonus on all Balance and Jump checks.
- Arctic Lizardfolk's hide gives them with a +4 to Hide checks in snowy or icy environments.
- When moving over snow or ice covered surfaces, whether natural or magical, an Arctic Lizardfolk may ignore any movement penalties for difficult terrain. This includes overland movement rates. They also do not suffer any Climb check penalties for slippery surfaces if the condition is due to ice.
- Racial Hit Dice: An Arctic Lizardfolk begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: An Arctic Lizardfolk's monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 9 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Search, Craft, Heal, and Spot. Arctic Lizardfolk have a +4 racial bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks in snowy/tundra conditions.
- Racial Feats: An Arctic Lizardfolk’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Resistance to Cold (Ex): As they live in the tundra, an Arctic Lizardfolk suffers no harm from being in a cold environment and have cold resistance 10.
- Fire Vulnerability (Ex): An Arctic Lizardfolk suffers x2 fire damage.
- +6 AC bonus. Arctic Lizardfolk have a very thick hide, which helps protect them against the harsh lands of the frost.
- Weapon Farmiliarty: An Arctic Lizardfolk is proficient with the spear (and other thrown spear-like projectiles) and the battle axe, which it hunts with.
- An Arctic Lizardfolk has natrural weapons (two Claw attacks (d6) and a bite (d8))
- Automatic Languages: DraconicBonus Languages: Common, Sylvan, Gnomish, Serpent
- Favored Class: Ranger or Druid
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
- Arctic Lizardfolk do not lose all their physical attributes as they age.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6'||+2d12||100 lb.||× 2d4 lb.|
|Female||5'||+2d10||100 lb.||× d6 lb.|