Living Trashcan (D20 Modern Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Created by: Dracomortis
 Living Trashcan
Living trashcans have hunting habits similar to their larger counterparts, living dumpsters. They situate themselves in inconspicuous locations, usually near another trashcan, where it won’t be noticed for what it is. Usually, a living trashcan feeds on smaller creatures such as pet dogs, cats, or sometimes small children, but when lacking a steady supply of such prey it will not hesitate to attack full-grown humans.
The statistics here represent a large, industrial-sized trashcan, about five feet square and four to five feet tall. Most specimens are dark green in color, but grey, black, and several other variations are known to exist. Some rare living trashcans have pictures or designs on their sides such as common recycling logos, “This Side Up” labels, or even name brands or company emblems.
Living trashcans do not speak. They weight between 10 and 50 pounds, depending on how much trash they have inside them.
 Species Traits
Living trashcans have the following traits:
- Construct: Living trashcans are immune to mind-influencing effects, as well as poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, necromancy effects, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless. They are not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, energy drain, or the effects of massive damage.
- Wheels: Because the living trashcan relies on a pair of small caster wheels for locomotion, its speed is reduced by half on very soft or soft surfaces such as mud or thick lawns. It can’t negotiate stairs, although it can hop up or down a curb without difficulty.
- Swallow Whole (Ex): If a living trashcan successfully grapples a creature smaller than itself, it can attempt to swallow the creature. If the living trashcan succeeds at a second grapple check, the grappled opponent is swallowed whole. Swallowed characters take 1d6+3 points of damage per round from the vigorous shaking of the living trashcan. The swallowed creature can attack the living trashcan from inside using either its natural weapons or a Small, Tiny, or Diminutive weapon. A living trashcan can hold one Medium creature (or two Small creatures) at a time.
- Darkvision (Ex): Living trashcans can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and living trashcans can function with no light at all.
- Living Trashcan: CR 2; Medium construct; HD 4d10; hp 22; Mas -; Init -1; Spd 30 ft.; Defense 19, touch 9, flat-footed 19 (-1 Dex, +10 natural); BAB +3; Grap +5; Atk +5 melee (1d6+3, slam); Full Atk +5 melee (1d6+3, slam); FS 5 ft. by 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.; SQ construct, wheels, swallow whole, darkvision 60 ft.; AL none; SV Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +1; Rep +0; Str 14, Dex 9, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1.
- Skills: None.
- Feats: None.
- Possessions: None.
- Advancement: 5-8 HD (Medium); 9-12 HD (Large).