Little people -Kobold- (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Legend say they where once Gnomes, taken from their village by Dragons and forced to work in mines. After centuries of slavery they've become more like their dragon masters and less like their gnomish ancestors. Finding freedom, some of them came back to the little people's society, but adapting to this new lifestyle has proven to be difficult.
A kobolds scaly skin ranges from dark rusty brown to a rusty black color. It has glowing red eyes and its tail is non prehensile. Kobolds wear ragged clothing, favoring red and orange. A kobold is 1' 8" to 2' 3" tall and weighs 20 to 30 pounds.
Kobolds are usually neutral, tending toward chaos more then law. Centuries of tyranny has taught Kobolds to look out for themselves before anyone else.
A lot of Kobolds still live in the mines and caverns of their dragon overlord, however a few have reintegrated into gnome society and have chosen lives among them. They usually prefer to stay underground, feeling at home in dark, dank tunnels.
The dragons had the Kobolds worship them as gods.
Those who no longer live under the tyranny of the Dragons have no common religion.
Kobolds speak Sylvan, Draconic and Gnomic. Bonus languages: Giant, Ignan, Orc, Goblin, Elven, Dwarven, Common and Undercommon.
Male names: Adart, Arochar, Barkord, Kelus, Daron, Herftak, Keiter, Jonross, Xirtan, Deaton.
Female names: Jonrhra, Obertia, Alderia, Malla, Widjan, Vivara, Gwir, Diarja, Milleen, Dorla.
Kobolds have no last name or clan names.
- -4 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity. Kobolds are small and rail, but quick and nimble.
- Humanoid (Reptilian, Fey)
- Tiny: As a Tiny creature, a Kobold gains a +2 size bonus to Armor Class, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +8 size bonus on Hide checks, but uses smaller weapons than humans use, and lifting and carrying limits are half of those of a Medium character.
- Kobold base land speed is 25 feet.
- Energy burst: Add +1 racial bonus on damage roll of Evocation spells cast by Kobolds.
- Elemental resistence: Kobolds are natural resistant of elements used by dragons, they have resist 5 Fire, Cold, Acid and electrecity.
- Weapon training: Kobolds gain a +1 training bonus on attack and damage roll made with Shortspear, Spear and Longspear.
- Draconic mind: Immune to magic sleep and effect, in addition, Kobolds gain a +2 bonus on Will Saving throw.
- +1 natural armor bonus to armor class.
- +4 racial bonus on Craft (Trapemaking) and Profession (Miner).
- +2 racial bonius on Balance, Bluff, Climb, Jump, Move Silently, Search, Spot, Swim and Tumble.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan, Draconic and Gnomic. Bonus Languages: Giant, Ignan, Orc, Goblin, Elven, Dwarven, Common and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Rogue or Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment:+0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||245 years||475 years||800 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 8"||+1d6||25 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||1' 8"||+1d4||20 lb.||× (1) lb.|