Little people -Gnome- (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Sometimes refered too as "Those with knowledge" Gnomes are the scholards and bankers of the fey world, they act as a middle ground between the little people, and the more savage species of the forest. "Knowledge is power, and that power is in good hands with us" Is a popular saying amongs gnomes.
Gnomes love animals, precious gems and good books. They also have a great sense of humor, for a gnomes, no social encounter is complete without a few jokes or puns.
They are also gifted with an almost limitless curiosity, and like nothing more then to discover something new. To a gnome, nothing is more enjoyable then a book about something they didn't know.
Gnomes are small, broad humanoid that resemble dwarves, only smaller. Male gnomes are often bald have full grown beards, or sometimes a tick mustache. Gnomes have the same variety of skin, eyes, and hair as humans, tho their hair tend to turn grey or white much earlyer then the other races.
Gnomes stand between 1' 7" and 2' 2" weighting between 20 and 30 lb. They wear simple clothing in various shades of blue, green or brown, and they all wear pointy hats that show their ranks in the gnomish community Red hats are for commoners, people who have no special importance among the community (Most common) Green hats are for those who hold a minor position of power, such as the leader of a small workforce, a professor or the head of a gard corps. Blue hats are for those who hold a major position of power, such as mayor, a political man or the owner of a bank. Yellow hats are for the most important gnomes only, the leader of an union of several village, the guardian of a forest, or a king.
Gnomes are good natured and tend to be Neutral good, however they are more often lawful then chaotic. Evil gnomes are very rare, you might not even meet one in a human lifetime.
Gnomes lives in enchanted forest, on grassy hills or at the root of mountains. They build large underground cities with hidden entrance and large storing vaults.
Gnomes have no religion, they have a sets of ceremonies for important events, but nothing that clearly require strong devotion. If the gnomes belive in something, its that magic works in mysterious ways.
Gnomes speak Gnomic, Sylvan and Dwarven. Bonus languages: Elven, Goblin, Draconic, Giant, Celestial, Gnoll, Undercommon, Common, Earthen, Aerial, Aquan and Orc.
Male names: Adar, Adroch, Baglor, Cerelus, Darlios, Herphaliest, Moran, Kiterson, Gadget, Widjarc, Jonro.
Female names: Joahna, Jina, Malna, Oberta, Widjan, Wynn, Vilian, Gwen, Dialia, Miseron, Ziana, Dorlea.
Last names: Goldhog, Emerald, Clockwork, Silverglass, Greengem, Bluemoon, Applepoint, Seedward, Gemkeeper.
- -4 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom. Gnomes are very small, thus not very strong or resistant, but have an exeptionaly sharp mind.
- Humanoid (Fey)
- Tiny: As a Tiny creature, a Gnome gains a +2 size bonus to Armor Class, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +8 size bonus on Hide checks, but uses smaller weapons than humans use, and lifting and carrying limits are half of those of a Medium character.
- Gnome base land speed is 20 feet.
- Fountain of Knowledge: Gnomes have a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (Arcana), (Architecture and engineering), (Geography), (History) and (Nature) checks. In addition, those skills are always class skills for Gnomes.
- Born Spellcaster: When using Metamagic feat, a Gnome increase the level of the spell slot required to use by one less level then required.
- +5 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks. Gnomes are naturaly at ease with animals and have the ability to connect with them to a deeper level. In addition, It take only half of the required time for a Gnome to train an animal.
- +4 racial bonus on Fortitude checks agaist poison.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise, Craft (Alchemy), Escape Artist, Move Silently, Spellcraft, Ride and Concentration.
- +1 racial bonus on Climb, Jump and Swim.
- Weapon training: Gnomes gain a +1 training bonus on attack and damage roll made with Shortspear, Spear and Longspear.
- Automatic Languages: Gnomic, Sylvan and Dwarven Bonus Languages: Elven, Goblin, Draconic, Giant, Celestial, Gnoll, Undercommon, Common, Earthen, Aerial, Aquan and Orc.
- Favored Class: Wizard or Rogue.
- Level Adjustment:+0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||245 years||475 years||960 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 7"||+1d6||25 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||1' 7"||+1d4||20 lb.||× (1) lb.|