Lionfolk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Lionfolk are proud and always ready to charge into battle, even recklessly. Lionfolk , being as proud as they are, will never accept help, no matter how hard the task at hand is. They will never cheat or steal. They are almost always good aligned and never hesitate to help anyone in need.
Lionfolk look like humanoid lions. They have short, yellowish-tan fur, catlike ears and eyes, and are possessed of an inherent dislike of water. They have long tails with a tuft of bushy brown fur on the end, and the males have large manes. They usually have brown, black, or yellow-gold eyes, but blue and green eyes are not unheard of. They average 5 1/2-6 1/2 feet tall, and males usually weigh 150 - 180 pound with females weighing around 135 - 150 pounds.
Lionfolk get along well with most taller races and usually only admit to "get along with" catfolk, although in actuality they get along so well they are often found traveling together. They strongly dislike dogs and houndfolk, although a few unusual friendships have sprung up.
Lionfolk are usually lawful good, as they are possessed of a strong, almost unshakable sense of honor and justice. However, as with all races, there are a few exceptions.
Lionfolk usually inhabit grassy planes and savannas (an environment that they have a strong connection to), but can also found in the desert (often) and cities (while traveling).
Pelor is their patron deity with some Lionfolk worshiping Heironeous.
Lionfolk speak Feral Feline, which is rougher version of Feline. This allows them to speak more familiarly with wild cats (lions, tigers, cheetahs, etc.), and communicate with (although not very well) with domestic cats.
Lionfolk names are usually based on things found in grassy planes and savannas (rock, twig, stream, etc.).
- +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom: Lionfolk are strong and tough, but are not really dexterous. Nor do they have much common sense, often charging head long into battle without even thinking it through.
- Humanoid (Shapechanger): Lionfolk are humanoid lions and can transform into a lion at will.
- Medium: A Lionfolk gets no special bonuses for being a Medium creature.
- Lionfolk base land speed is 30 feet.
- Lion Shape: A Lionfolk can transform into a lion at will for 3 rounds/level before transforming back. This ability can only be used once per encounter.
- Carnivore: A Lionfolk is a carnivore and must have meat in any form at least once a day or suffer 1d4 points of Constitution damage. They can eat and digest plants, and often do, but cannot subsist primarily on vegetation.
- Natural Weapons: Lionfolk have two claw attacks that deal 1d6 damage, and a bite attack that does 1d8 damage.-->
- Wild Empathy: Lionfolk have an inborn talent in dealing with wild cats (lions, tigers, cheetahs, etc.), and will automatically succeed on all Handle Animal checks involving them. For domestic felines, they make a roll like normal but gain a +8 racial bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Feral Feline, Common. Bonus Languages: Feline, Canine, Celestial, Sylvan, Elven, Gnomish, Dwarven.
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|75 years||175 years||400 years||+4d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 10"||+1d10||140 lb.||× 1d6 lb.|
|Female||5' 7"||+1d10||125 lb.||× 1d6 lb.|