Lacer, Deep (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Deep Lacer
Deep Lacers are often very scholarly, seeking knowledge above all else. They tend to be a bit aloof and lost in a world all their own, but will always rejoin reality to explore a new curiosity.
 Physical Description
Deep Lacers usually stand 2 to 4 feet tall with greyscale, blue and purple colored scales with black being the most common to help them absorb as much heat as they can from their chilled environment. The Deep Lacer look almost exactly like bipedal geckos with only slight alterations to the forelimbs to make for better manual dexterity. Their eyes are always a variant of blue, purple or magenta. Deep Lacer tails extend about 2 to 4 feet long.
Deep Lacers are very open to welcoming new people and knew knowledge, but they are wise enough not to trust intelligent creatures of the underdark. Some Deep Lacer trade with the Drow, particularly wizards, but these transactions hardly represent any form of friendly relations. Surface dwarves are the nearest to allies they have, but they a nearer neutral than friendly. Deep Lacers outside the underdark are often persecuted for looking a great deal like lizardfolk, but get along well with most scholar and spell casters on an individual basis.
Deep Lacer are almost always lawful in some form or another, but tend to be neutral.
They live in the underdark, making homes on the cave ceilings. They prefer caves with screeching and iridescent mushrooms to help alert them to potential threats.
Deep Lacer are largely non-religious, however some worship gods of magic and darkness.
All Deep Lacer know Draconic and Undercommon.
Deep Lacer names are most often Drow names.
 Racial Traits
The Deep Lacer have the following racial traits:
- Type: Humanoid (Reptilian, Dragon Blooded(Races of the Dragon)])
- Ability Score Adjustments: -4 Strength, -2 Constitution, +2 Intellect, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
- Size: Small
- Speed: Base land speed is 30 feet. Climb 30 feet.
- Nimble Climber: A Deep Lacer gains +4 to climb, may use dexterity in place of strength for climbing, they may also take 10 on climbing even when rushed or threatened.
- Vision: Deep Lacer have Low-Light Vision and Blindsight(heat based) 30 feet.
- Spells: Deep Lacer gain two 0 level spells castable once per day each. These spells must be from the sorcerer spell list and may overlap allowing the casting of one spell two times per day. The most common are Message, Read Magic, Amanuensis, Repair Minor Damage and other utility spells with hostile spells being rare. The spells are cast using Wisdom as the primary stat and the caster level is equal to half of the Deep Lacer's hit dice rounded down.
- Light Sensitivity: Deep Lacer are dazzled in sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Feats: All Lacers are considered eligible races for applicable dragonkin, animal and lizardfolk specific feats.
- Awkward Build: Due to their tails and more lizard-shaped bodies, Lacers must have armor custom made at an increased cost of 50% (including the cost of masterwork armor.)
- Languages: Undercommon and Draconic. Bonus languages: Terran, Dwarven, Drow, Elven.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer and Priest(May not use Cleric instead)
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2'||+3d10||20 lb.||× (2d3) lb.|
|Female||2'||+3d10||20 lb.||× (2d3) lb.|