Lacer, Agua (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Agua Lacer
They are stubborn, defensive and pious as a people. Many mistake the defensive behavior of Agua Lacer to be aggression, but they never attack without reason, a language barrier often prevents most land dwellers from understanding Agua Lacer warnings leading to many an unfortunate death of trespassers on Agua Lacer lands, or rather waters.
 Physical Description
Agua Lacers usually stand 4 to 6 feet tall with a wide array of blue and grey scales to help them blend into their watery homes. Sea dwelling Agua Lacer have developed vibrant choral colored scales as well. The Agua Lacers has a long neck that blends seamlessly into their snake-like heads males have a crest that goes from the head about half way down the neck. They boast two rows of sharp shark-like teeth for catching fish, their favorite prey. Their eyes are always a variant of blue or green rarely reaching yellow. Their sinuous neck connects to a long, tink body. Their arms and legs are akin to crocodiles in shape. They use their powerful tail to propel them through the water, it is most akin to a serpent's tail, it extends about 3 to 5 feet long and has a series of webbed spines going down its length from the base of the back.
Agua Lacers are very defensive and are cautious about interacting with other sapient species. It is fairly common, for as Agua Lacer to hide away in the water preparing to strike any humanoids who wander too near as opposed to talking with them. This behavior is more pronounced and more aggressive in sea dwelling Agua Lacer as they have to deal with trading ships, Merfolk, sahuagin and the occasional bronze or black dragon who hunt them down for their neutral dragon heritage(see AEG's Dragons for more on neutral dragon relations). Sea elves often have good relations with Agua Lacer.
Agua Lacer tend toward lawful neutral. Those who deviate from this, are more often some form of evil rather than good and almost never chaotic.
They live in large rivers and shallow seas. Their homes are hand crafted underwater caves almost always magically built by a priest or cleric in the tribe using stone shape and or dig. Sea dwelling Agua Lacer tend to have much larger villages and much more powerful priests casting obedient growth on choral instead of using stone.
Agua Lacer often revere gods of creation, earth and water.
All Agua Lacer know Draconic but can, and often do, learn Sylvan and Auran. They also know Lacerci, a language specific to the Lacers which they use colloquially among themselves mixed with draconic.
Agua Lacer names include a two or three long string of the following sounds with mei at the end for males, fei for females and du for gender neutral names. Ao, Ya, Low, Og, Sue, Own, Zou, Dao, Row, Tei, No, Anc, Eeg, Nee. So potential names might be Yaomei, Lodoaneefei or Ogsudu. Last names might be added if the population of a tribe grows too large.
 Racial Traits
The Agua Lacer have the following racial traits:
- Type: Humanoid (Reptilian, Dragon Blooded(Races of the Dragon)Aquatic)
- Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Constitution, -2 Intellect
- Size: Medium
- Speed: Base land speed is 30 feet. Swim speed 30 feet.
- Attack: Agua Lacer get a bite attack for 1d6 piercing and bludgeoning damage.
- Nimble Swimmer: Agua Lacer gain +4 to swim, may use dexterity in place of strength for swimming, they may also take 10 on swimming even when rushed or threatened.
- Amphibious: Agua Lacers can hold their breath for their Constitution modifier plus ten minutes and are at home in both fresh and salt water.
- Feats: All Lacers are considered eligible races for applicable dragonkin, animal and lizardfolk specific feats.
- Awkward Build: Due to their tails and more lizard-shaped bodies, Agua Lacers must have armor custom made at an increased cost of 50% (including the cost of masterwork armor.)
- Languages: Lacerci and Draconic. Bonus languages: Aguan, Elven.
- Favored Class: Priest, you can use Cleric if you do not have AEG's Good.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||65 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 6"||+3d10||50 lb.||× (2d2) lb.|
|Female||4'||+3d10||60 lb.||× (2d2) lb.|