Kobolds, Goblins85 (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
Kobold Racial Traits
- +2 Dex, +2 Chr, -4 Str, -2 Wis: Kobolds are quick and agile, as well as cute and confident. However, their small bodies make them weaker than most humanoids, and they seem to lack common sense.
- Small. As Small creatures, Kobolds gain a +1 size bonus to AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 bonus on Hide checks, but they must use smaller weapons than humans use, and their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of Medium-size characters.
- A Kobold’s base land speed is 30ft
- Darkvision: Kobolds can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Kobolds can function just fine with no light at all.
- +2 Craft (Trapmaking). Kobolds are taught how to make traps from an early age. Also, a Kobold who merely passes within 5 feet of a trap is entitled to a search check to notice it as if he were actively looking for the trap. This is an extraordinary ability.
- +4 Profession (Miner). Kobolds have a knack for finding rare minerals in the earth
- +2 Jump checks. A Kobolds hind legs are built for jumping.
- Detect Magical Items (Su): A kobold's senses are more aware of magic and it’s properties. If a Kobold gets within 10 feet of a magical item, she knows that it is magical. However, she does not know how powerful it is, what school it is from, or even were it is. However, the Kobold is allowed a Charisma check (DC: 20) to pinpoint were the magical item is. When using Detect magic to identify what school of magic the item comes from, the Kobold does receive a +2 racial bonus to the check.
- Kobolds treat Search and Spellcraft as class skills.
- +1 natural armor bonus
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic. Bonus Languages: Undercommon, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer. A Multiclass Kobold sorcerer level does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty.