Kobold, Keran (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
Kobolds are a proud race who have no sense of inferiority and are strangle fine with people veiwing them as weak. They are a very communal society, thinking about the many rather than the one. They speak freely on their views and believe that a consenus grants a greater chance for survival.
 Physical Description
Kobolds are short, reptilian humanoids with bony frames and small tails. They stand approximately 2 to 2.5 feet tall and weigh 35 to 45 pound. Sinewy, double-jointed legs, naturally bent and poised for sudden speed, contribute to their height. When their legs are stretched out, a kobold can increase their height by up to 1 foot, but doing so is uncomfortable. Kobolds have scaly skin, varying in colour from rusty brown to reddish black. They have strong teeth, and their hands and feet are have long digits tipped with very small claws. A kobold's face is like a crocodile's, with a jaw that can open wide enough to hold a whole melon. Constantly alert and wide, the eyes of a kobold range in colour from burnt ochre to red. A ridge of small, horn-like bone juts above each brow and sweeps backward, the protrusions growing larger and more pronounced toward the rear of the skull.
Kobolds dislike other humanoid races. They are isolationist who see others as a threat, and they surround their lairs with traps to keep outsiders at bay. Kobolds also have a persecution complex, taking offense from simple misunderstandings. When kobolds do interact with other races, they do so with a chip on their collective shoulders sensitive to even the smallest disrespect. As lawful evil creatures with a love for revenge, kobolds respond to perceived insults with actions rather than words, often blindsiding the offenders.
But they have a deep hatred for Gnomes as they have committed atrocities to the kobold people, yet were never punished.
Dragonborn are normally Lawful Evil, as they have dedicated to their tribes completely, and will go to nearly any means for revenge.
They have tribes all around Keran but their homeland is the Dragon Isles. It was their they were first created by the dragons and it is their they commonly live.
Kobolds speak the language of Dragons, Draconic. Kobolds were the first to write it and learned it from the first dragons. This language is now used for all in the Dragon Isles.
Kobolds normally have Draconic Names granted to them by the All Watcher. They never have family related last names as they don't know their parents. This is because all eggs are put in one place and the whole tribe raises them. Instead the last name is the name of the Tribe.
 Racial Traits
- Humanoid (Dragonblood, Reptilian).Kobolds are humanoids with the Dragonblood and reptilian subtypes. For all effects related to race, a kobold is considered a Dragon.
- +2 Dexterity, -4 Strength, -2 Constitution. Kobolds are weak and frail, but their size grants them quickness.
- Small Size
- Kobold base land speed is 30 feet.
- +1 Natural Armour
- Darkvision 60ft
- All kobolds add Craft (Trapmaking) to their list of Class Skills
- +2 racial bonus on Craft (Trapmaking), Profession (Miner), and Search checks
- Light Sensitivity: Kobolds are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Natural Weapons: Kobolds have two primary claw attacks that deal 1d3 points of slashing damage plus Strength bonus, and a secondary bite attack that deals 1d3 points of piercing damage plus 1/2 Strength bonus. Despite possibly being the weakest reptilian humanoid, kobolds retain a connection to their feral nature.
- Slight Build: The physical stature of kobolds lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a kobold is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the kobold is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A kobold is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A kobold can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of a kobold remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||90 years||120 years||+Cha years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 1"||+2d4||40 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||1' 10"||+2d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|