Knight, Teoryran(3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
|Editing:||ALL HELP WANTED|
- Knights the ruling military aristocracy of
- the gothic kingdom Kored, in the World of Teoryran.
- Knights are essentially an offshoot of fighters trained from powerful families.
- Knights are superior to fighters because they use their riches to
- train from birth and use it to have more weapons than fighters.
- Knights are one man army motivated to defend their power,
- glory and honour but that’s not what makes them one of the superior warrior classes.
- Knights are trained to be agile and swift in heavy armour
- and at heavy swords, as opposed to common soldiers,
- that must be restricted by their armour.
- Long ago knights where created to create a perfect society
- and recreate a lost great empire in Aeoryan.
- The first knights where recruited from tribal
- heathen fighters when the empire
- had degenerated into civil war and heresy.
- These knights where warriors clerics that split into Priests and Knights.
- Knights reseeded an art of war and their code of honour from the old empire,
- and where often intended as the religious warriors of Zarun( Teoryan Zarus), but
- Bane and other gods are also claimed the Patrons of all human Knights.
- How the Gods wanted them to fight good and just wars.
- The wars; according to Gods commands where crusades against the Heathens and Heretics.
- Eventually most Knights where Given the Grace of the Gods and
- Where rewarded for their once spiritual services with becoming
- A barbaric and power mongering breed of warrior despots.
 Making a Knight
- Knights are intended to be specialised fighters.
- Restricted to meele weapons
- with a focus on the bastard sword.
- Knights should be able to move in armour without normal penalites to dexterity.
- And have bonuses related to riding.
- Knights sacrifice their normal fortitude bonus for their armoured flexibility
- and sacrifice their hp.
Abilities: Wisdom, and strength are very important to the typical knight.
Required race: The Kored Noble. The human subrace of nobles.
- Both Good and evil Knights follow a strict ethical of Honour and Chivalry,
- Knights can be be anywhere on the objective moral scale (chaos and order):
- Se Teoryran Alignment.
- starting Serf; 2d8×10 serfs (average starting serfs.:120).
Starting Age: Decided by Noble Race.
|1st||+1||+0||+0||+0||armour mastery (all)|
|2nd||+2||+1||+1||+1||bonus feat,Elite Mount,Elite Mounted Combat|
|3rd||+3||+1||+1||+1||might makes right|
|4th||+4||+2||+2||+2||bonus feat,armour specialisation (all)|
|5th||+5||+2||+2||+2||might makes right|
|6th||+6||+3||+3||+3||might makes right,tend to mount|
|8th||+8||+4||+4||+4||might makes right|
|9th||+9||+4||+4||+4||might makes right,+ 1 ac, -2 dex penality|
|11th||+12||+5||+5||+5||might makes right|
|12th||+13||+6||+6||+6||might makes right,tend to mount|
|14th||+15||+7||+7||+7||+ 2 ac, -2 dex penality|
|15th||+16||+7||+7||+7||might makes right|
|17th||+18||+8||+8||+8||might makes right|
|18th||+19||+9||+9||+9||might makes right|
|19th||+20||+9||+9||+9||bonus feat,+ 3 ac, -3 dex penality|
|20th||+22||+10||+10||+10||might makes right|
 Class Features
Weapon and Armour Proficiency: heavy armour, long swords, great swords, shorts words, spear, axes, great axes, Bastard sword, spear, lances.
- As the Knight levels forward to glory.
- Honour and a name is easier to earn than wealth.
- Honour represents a combination of, acknowledge of your worth,
- reputation, heroic acts, might makes right, the character of the persons
- and all manner of social relations.
- Honour makes no difference to weather a Knight is good or evil.
- Evil characters can slay otherwise innocent who stain his honour
- or who are related to a criminal.
- Likewise good knights only have obligations to show mercy to those that honour
- their word and agree to honourable surrender.
- Honourable Evil punish and pillage outsiders and enemies.
- Honourable Good, only protect his own servants and only “offer peace“.
- Much like the fighter The Knights gains a bonus feat from the list of fighter bonus feats
- but the Knight cannot take any fighter bonus feat that depend on ranged weapons
- or cause ranged attacks.
- In addition the Knight can also also take any general feat that
- increase saves or represents increased willpower, self-discipline or courage.
- The the knight can also take any feat that are limited or divine spell caster clerics
- that does not grant nor depend on spell casting nor magical abilites.
Might makes Rights:
- The Knights gains power in society as he progress in levels.
- This feat grants no extreme benefits, it serves to stamp the characters
- as having a higher rank than other pc. as a matter of fact.
- Each time this feat is given, the Knights reputation reach the ears
- of the highest nobility with favor and popularity.
- All this benefits depends on the existence of a nearby feudal society
- that supports the character and therefore this feat
- can always be lost but it can also be regained.
- Each time these feats are lost they create a slot, the slot can be filled
by seeking the respects of others simply in-game or by waiting to the next level where the player selects a a new social feat as described herein.
- Any character in the same society as the Knights
- is considered inferior or superior depending on the level.
- Commoner characters use their highest class level.
- Noble characters use their full character level.
- Each time this feat is granted, half-his current level becomes an honorable
- bonus when persuading military superiors to take your side
- against your lesser or asking for supplies or just dealing with nobles.
- The character also have the privilege to kill and change the rights of
lesser to his benefit.
- When the feat is gained the strength of the feat is upgraded
to the level when you gained the feat, and it stays at the strength of previous levels until upgraded again.
- The character receive any of the following benefits.
- a small county, if the character have no or a lesser estate
- this makes him either a Count or Bailiff.
- The county should give no more than 2d8 serfs to begin with
- and should not have any military value.
- but it should include healing capacity
- and make the characters travels easier.
- The character gains a heritable title that grants no special privileges
- other than inspire respect for your person.
- The title must be one that someone your family once hold but lost.
- The Knight gains a high quality horse.
- It has no supernatural abilities but is the equivalent of a magical horse and have many extraordinary abilities.
- The Knights mount has the following abilities.
- *Sentience, the mount have no ability to comprehend human language,nor any theoretical knowledge.
- but for many purposes the mount is considered to have a human intelligence.
- applies to problem solving intelligence checks involving, knots, doors, locks, paths, mazes, bridges, riding on boats etc.
- the mount is also not as afraid of high noises nor fire.
- the mount understands attacks,knives and spears that be used to kill it to fell its rider.
- Link, because of sentience instead of telepathy the mount can be considered to know its riders
thoughts, command, feelings. It always comes to its masters aid, and understand every command by guessing it or reading its masters body language or even understand his words.
- the mount have a weak self-healing ability that can be reinforced into powerful healing
when the mount is given tender care by its master. The knight must for example wash his horses wounds, bind his legs and make it eat properly.
 Kored Noble Knight Starting Package
I make this as soon I can.
 Campaign Information
Knights rule the small human populous in the Kored, in the World of Teoryran. The Exodus of Mankind, exiled five near extinct human races to the pangea, of This world. The nobles, the peasants, the clergy, the merchants and the outcasts. The origin continent of the races, the Aeoryran ( Greco-Roman ) is fallen to the sea and a gothic and feudal Kingdom has risen in these new colonies Teoryran Link
 Playing a Knight
Most Knights are Monotheists and the polytheists have no restriction. The Knights orders organise secret cults to obscure Gods. The Baron Knights represent the more conventional religions. Their God or Gods have given them the right to be nobles or kings by their Grace. They seek Gods as Zarus that glorify humanity, or like Bane justify iron fisted tyrants or crusades gains deviants. There are a quantity of variations in Korad. The most powerful and growing, is the monotheistic cult of Zarus as the identity Korad and the power behind the old Aeoryran Empire. Second is the Solar Frog God, Baal and third the schismatic cults of Kored persona. Knights have different views on Korad the founder of Kared, some see him as the god, the son of their god , just a man, a saint or etc. These views are the basis of the heresies and religious infighting. Knights usually know very little of their own religions and less about others, still for them there are only their religion and heretics and heathens, of course their religious duty to fight against heathers, heretics for their own faith, especially against other Knights.
.”Knight in the Party” If another or several party member has another religion he will challenge him or them one by one in a duel to convert them to his religion. If they refuse they are dishonourable. Good Knights can leave the party peacefully and Good Knights can never join a party that is not all the same religion and culture.
- The Knight will protect their weaker party members because
- they are his vassals in return for their services.
- Knights join a party of other Knights, Priests and other classes
- that are their servants or vassals from the peasant class.
They can accept Priests and Knights as equals.
Combat: Tank, military leader, first to attack and first to retreat.
Advancement: Knights can only multicasts in other Noble Race Classes in the Teoryran Class Table. All knights take at least one level in page first, that represents the noble non-military skills.
 Knights in the Teoryran World
|“||<-I could have killed you, but I spare you as my servant!->||”|
|—Eric,The Mercifull Human Knight|
The Knights number the most of the rulers and upper classes in the world. They rule farms and villages filled with a lesser civilisation serfs that feed and provide the Knights and his select few of peasant soldiers for no pay for the sake of their vassalage. Knights privet law over his serfs, who may rent the Knights houses, tools, bakeries and forests and animals. There are no money, and each Knights own a complete blacksmith and manufacture that produce all weapons, armours and luxury products. Knights travel the world as messengers and leave their lands to their Constables that controls them in their absence. All Knights spread feudalism wherever they go. Each Knight has vassals, the vassals offers they services to the Knight for protection and for the Knight to arrange food, law and even some civil services. Knights are tyrants but they often sponsor entertainment and simple welfare for the peasants because of their honour. Many thinks the lesser of Knights are the squires but all knights keeps a select force of peasants as professional soldieries to help him maintain his power. These militant retainers are not considered Knight, have no lands but all respect they are much like the Knights that are loyal too. Retainers are the only peasants that have a chance to become knighted because they are the Knights vassals, and can be promoted. Knights are not usually spoiled however, their vassalage to their Counts is just as hard and cruel as the serfdom they impose. Most knights does not have more serf and lands that a small farm minimal to feed them and their smithy, a simple village smithy with no luxury.
Daily Life: Knights can be poor, with a fiefdom little more a glorified farm that provides a steady meal per day. Or they can live luxurious castles. Most of their lives are spend as hostages since childhood or they go out in war from tender ages as cannon fodder. A higher lord can summon a Knight to his castle or court and keep him as guest there against his will for as long he likes. Notables: <-notable NPCs of this class->.
Organizations: Knights organise either around Barons or around Knightly Orders that contain secret cults other than Zarus. Some rumours say that Zarus is the god that the first knights worshipped and that the state cult of the Aeoryran Empire worshipped at its golden age. Knights Orders usually ignore what their Priests say or think, and follow their own churches and have their own Priests of Knights for Knights, but may submit loyally to a few select powerful Bishops as vassals. Knights spread feudalism wherever they live. Knights plead vassalage to greater lord who is a vassal to a Lord who is vassal of a greater lord and so on. Depending on the Knights Title, their land transforms to Baronies, Counties, Etc of different rang and rights. Baronies are among the finest, a Barony may either refer to all the petty Knights fiefs in collective vassalage to the Baron or simply refer to very large fiefdom under one person. Knights distain cities, and refrain from ruling them if they can be country nobility. that are separate from but often equal in power to Kingdoms. The orders organise secret cults to obscure Gods and the Kingdoms usually worship the more popular Gods. Kingdoms and the Orders are usually fighting and organised to protect themselves from each other.
NPC Reactions: Npcs are often friendly, the Knight attempts to conquer or convert them. Npcs often see Knights as benevolent helpers from nowhere or as snobby elites.
 Knights Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge(World) can research Knight to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|10||military aristocracy and feudal.|
|15||melee cavalry specialists|
|20||makes poor infantry and individualistic.|
 Knight in the Game
- Knights are one of several battle oriented classes for Teoryan.
- They are tanks but do not have necessary high level adjustment hps.
- Instead they are heavy hit and run, designed to have an edge
- against superior numbers of peasants.
- Knights are meant to be dependent on other classes, their servitors or entourage.
- Teoryran Base Classes, are called Carrier Classes.
- In the Teoryran world, non racial classes are Carrier Classes.
- Carrier Classes do not grant hit dice per level.
- Hit dice are static, and granted with level adjustment.
- Humans do not earn gold in Teoryran, instead they use a serf based economy system.
- The Teoryran Knight can be adapted to other game worlds.
- Their starting gold is 2D8 and their is HD6.
Noble Human Knight Starting Package
- Armor: Full Plate mail (+8, max dex +1,
- AC, armor check penalty –20, speed 20 ft.,50 lb.).
- Weapons: Longword (1d8, 19–20/×2,
- 4 lb,slashing, one-handed, slashing).
- Skill Selection: Pick a number of skills equal to 3 + Int modifier.
|Knowledge(nobility and Royality)||4||intelligence||"—"|
- Feat: Weapon Focus (greatsword).
- Bonus Feat (Fighter):
- If Strength is 13 or higher, Power Attack;
- if Strength is 12 or lower, Improved Initiative instead.
- Bonus Feat (Human): Blind-Fight.
- flask of vine, sigils of recognition, letters of recomendations,
- horse, two servitors with horses and bags.
- Fine food for four days.
- Serfs: 2d8.
- Name Sir Jason Blackboar.
- A young squire from around Rebirth.
- EL 6 Level 4 Korad Noble/ Level 2 Knight
- Background feats: Born to ride, stoic.
Feats: Faith, str+2.Armour mastery(all),
- Weapon Focus(Longsword) ,Elite Mount,Elite Mounted Combat.