Klilks (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Date Adopted:||1 March 2009|
Although appearing very close to humans, klilks are created in the Ethereal Plane by discarded arcane energies, as such, they are immediately fully grown upon their creation and don't ever age.
Klilks are often shy and reserved. Their inquisitive nature makes them curious of their surroundings as they seek out a connection to what makes up the world around them.
Klilks appear fairly human, for the most part. As they go through their lives, most klilks will occasionally change their appearance. However, a klilk's eyes will never change. Their eyes are often brightly colored and radiant, like gemstones or shining metals.
Klilks, being shy and although curious of other races, get along with civil races, but find themselves at odds with less refined cultures and individuals.
Because most klilks are withdrawn and shy they tend to avoid picking sides by remaining neutral. However, in a harsh world, many klilks have chosen to take up arms and forge ahead in the world, lest they become fodder for something. As such, a klilk may be of any alignment.
Klilks are born of the Ethereal Plane and therefore have no true land to call their own. However, they will mostly be found in temperate areas in or around cities where magic is common enough to support their creation.
Klilks have no deity to call their own, and as such, occasionally worship the deities of the most prominent culture around them. Since klilks are not the children of any god, many simply ignore deities altogether.
Klilks speak Common.
A klilk knows his name upon his creation. When analyzed, some names appear to be random and unrelated to a klilk's personality and creation, while other names may give hints or clues as to how a klilk was created or what he is like.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, −2 Charisma: Klilks are nimble, wise, curious and full of common sense, but are hardly persuasive or forceful, and a little dull.
- Humanoid (Klilk, Extraplanar): When not on the Ethereal Plane, klilks have the Extraplanar subtype.
- Klilk base land speed is 30 feet.
- Malleable (Ex): A klilk's malleable body allows him to reform his appearance, heal wounds or regrow lost limbs, but doing so takes a bit of time. Disguise is always a class skill for a klilk. A klilk may make a Disguise check to reform his general appearance, altering his facial features, posture and even gender. A klilk gains a +4 racial bonus on disguising himself in this manner. A klilk can "feed" on raw organic material to heal, gain weight, or regrow lost limbs. He can consume and absorb 1 pound/minute of food specifically for this purpose. 1 pound restores 1d8 lethal damage to his body.
- Haze Shift (Su): A klilk can purge themselves from the Ethereal Plane and back onto the Material Plane as a move action.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: 0
Klilks are created as adults and do not gain any effects of the aging process nor do they expire from old age.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
The following is an estimation table to help calculate the pounds necessary to regenerate lost limbs. Head and trunk are added for reference purposes.