Kashar (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Kashar are a predatory, tight-knit nomadic peoples, often travelling in small bands across their native lands. They are aggressive, and hierachical. They are prone to an inner bestial rage, which often shows itself when they feel they are being demeaned.
The Kashar are feline humanoids, that have an odd body structure which allows them, given a bit of practise (Which most get early on in life) to switch completely between a bipedal form of transport and a quadripedal form of transport. This gives their legs an odd forward curve, and digitigrade legs, similar to most other felines. They generally have a golden-tan coloured eye, sometimes ranging into green or blue. Their fur ranges from tan, to black, to white. Multicolored varieties are possible, if not common.
Relations with other races are... less smooth than one could hope for. Due to the aggressive, predatory nature, Kashar are often claimed as criminals in 'civilised lands', because of the general 'I'm superior, or atleast equal to you' nature of most social races. Similar races to them fair slightly better relation-wise, but Kashar tend to stick to their own.
Often Chaotic, because Kashar believe that they should make their own rules.
Kashar are the most comfortable in wide plains, though they can proliferate in both jungles and mountainous areas also. Sometimes they can be found in other areas though, as they are quite adaptable.
No specific religion.
The Kashar speak Kashari, which is a language which not only has major verbal components, but body language and intonation components. Saying something correctly, but while standing the wrong way, or mispronouncing the subtle intonations can lead to misinterpretations and imagined slights.
Kashar are named at birth, and then gain titles or other names based on their actions.
- +12 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, −8 Intelligence, −4 Charisma, −4 Wisdom: Kashar are powerful creatures, with incredibly dense muscles, made for tearing their prey apart. They are also fast and agile, though their large stature is a detriment to this facet of them. They are tough, also, their density of their muscles helping to protect their vitals. They however have little need for learning and reasoning, and their social interactions are based off shows of force and strength rather than talking.
- Monstrous Humanoid: Kashar are large, bestial humanoids, and thus classify as Monstrous Humanoids.
- Large: Because of the Kashar's large size, they take a -1 pentalty to attack rolls and AC, while being granted a +4 on grapple checks, and lifting/carrying are limits double those of Medium characters.
- Kashar base land speed is 40 feet: Kashar are able to traverse on four feet, and often do. This quadripedal form of movement allows them to move at 2x of their normal land speed as if they WERE moving at normal land speed. This increase carries over to when they run. The downside to this is they lose usage of their arms, thus cannot wield weapons, or anything else to do with their arms aside from movement or attacking with their natural weapons.
- Natural Weapons: Kashar have 2 natural claw attacks (1d6), and a natural bite attack (1d8).
- Natural Armor: Because of their dense muscle structure and thick fur, Kashar have a natural armor of +3.
- Darkvision: Kashar have Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Scent (Ex): Kashar have an excellent sense of smell.
- Improved Vision and Hearing: Kashar get a +5 to both Spot and Listen.
- Natural Leap: Kashar get a +10 to Jump checks, and never have to double DC. This bonus is doubled while they are quadripedal.
- Bestial Rage: Whenever a Kashar is in a situation where another creature is obviously flaunting apparent superiority, or simply degrading the Kashar, they must make a Will save of DC 15. If they fail, they automatically fly into a rage and start attacking the cause, but they are able to stop before killing the cause if they so wish. If they are beaten, then they recognise the cause as above them, and never incur this again *unless already angered*, and generally are slightly subservient to them. If the Kashar has a Rage or Berserk class ability, then the bonuses given by it increase by +2 due to the Kashar's bestial rage. It is automatically activated as a free action whenever the Kashar's Bestial Rage is activated, and doesn't count towards uses per day.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Kashari. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||70 years||95 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||9' 6"||+2d12||550 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||9' 4"||+2d10||450 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|