Karei (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Karei, being creatures of wit and beauty, are often found among the civilized races of the world. Their role ranges from ruling mistress of a house, to a wandering dancer or bard, to the slave or concubine of a wealthy lord, and everything in between. As such they often have a variety of different tasks set by those in power -even if that is the Karei herself.
Karei don't share many traits, but the ones they all share are a sharp wit, fair skin and ravishing beauty. A Karei's hair can be any color, not just the natural colors for a human, and most wear it at least shoulder-length. Their eyes are usually human colors, but reports of Karei with eye colors as exotic as pink, red or purple are not uncommon. They are always attractive, though their bust size can vary dramatically. Their figures are shapely and curvaceous, lending well to the art of seduction.
The Karei have amicable relations with most other races of the world. They are regarded as equals by the elves, the only race native to the Material Plane whose beauty even comes close to matching the Karei's. Humans see the Karei as exotic, which they take as a flattering compliment that endears humans to them. Gnomes, halflings and dwarves perpetually fascinate the Karei, who are mostly amazed at how any sentient creature could possibly be that short. Orcs, goblins, and other barbaric races usually have no use for Karei other than trade goods or love slaves, both of which disgust and horrify the female race.
Despite being half-celestials, the Karei are in no way bound to the ways of other celestial beings. Therefore, they are spread out over every alignment, though the neutrals are usually the most appealing to them. They don't have much respect for laws and therefore tend to lean more to chaos than law.
The Karei have intergrated themselves into most civilized cultures, sharing lands with them. A few Karei-controlled settlements can be found in coastal regions, seeing as how the Karei love the beauty of the sea.
The Karei don't pay much heed to religion as a whole, preferring instead to live their lives freely. Those few who do worship usually choose a god or goddess of love and passion, and the even fewer who don't often revere balanced deities such as the Archangel.
The native Karei tongue is spoken in a lilting voice that comes naturally to every member of the race and is almost melodic when spoken. The Karei alphabet is equally graceful, relying on careful calligraphy with a brush - the only way to accurately mimic the strokes of the runic characters. They also learn the languages of whatever culture they assimilate themselves into.
Karei names are often exotic, striving for the same beauty as their physical forms. Examples include: Shigemi, Kimiko, Tsukasa, Kagami, Komachi and other Japanese-sounding names.
- Strength -2, Constitution -2, Dexterity +2, Intelligence +2, Charisma +2: The Karei are frail of body, but very coordinated and gifted with sharp wit and blinding beauty.
- Humanoid (Half-Celestial): Descendants of celestial beings who came to the Material Plane, the Karei still carry their celestial blood within them.
- Medium: No size bonuses.
- Karei base land speed is 30 feet
- Karei Aura (Su): Sentient males who come within 30 feet of a Karei cannot help but notice her beauty and grace. All affected creatures must make a Will save with DC 15 + the Karei's Charisma modifier; those who fail the save become fascinated by the Karei for 1d6 rounds.
- Honeyed Words (Ex): When speaking to a sentient male, a Karei can lace her words with hints of the lilting Karei tongue. This gives them +4 on all Diplomacy checks when speaking to males.
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/day>—Fascinate (self target only). Caster level is equal to half the Karei's Charisma. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Karei, the most common language in their resident area. Bonus Languages: All except secret languages.
- Favored Class: Dancer, Bard.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||50 years||80 years||+110 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||4' 8"||+1d12||127 lb.||× 1d8 lb.|