Karakasa or Kasa-Obake (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Karakasas are either feel extremly strong about humanoids being scum or they feel they are amazing in the sense that that's how they were created. They tend to be rather charasmatic if they want to be.
Karakasas are a special race of reanimated parasols. Although they are not enchanted to become animated but become an actual being of life due to it's 100 year anniversery of living. They tend to have one large eye in the center, a long tongue, one leg and 2 short lanky arms. They normally always weigh anywhere from 35-50 lbs.
They try to get along well with other races and most races dispise karakasas due to their hidious form. Elves and dwarfs find common ground here becuase they think their hideous. Humans tend to be perfectly fine with this race due to the fact that it was once their household parasol.
They tend to be anywhere from Lawful neutral to Lawful good, or chaotic Evil to Chaotic Neutral. But they are never true neutral. This is becuase they always have to feel strongly about either hating other living things or loving them. (As in either the humanoids forgetting them gave them a hatred for all humanoids, or gave them a passion for making up their uselessness).
Any land with a high humanoid population.
They do not practice religion mainly because they are pretty much a sort of reincarnation and know nothing of actual religion.
Common. Bonus languages are any as long as that language was used in that parasol's household.
Whatever the parasol was called in the house if it had a nickname, if not than the party applied one to it or the PC chooses a name of his choice he/she heard in the household the parasol lived in.
- −2 Strength, −2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence: Karakasas have spent a 100's years developing knowledge until they turn into their humanoid form so they aquire much knowledge. But they are brittle and their builds are lacking.
- Monstrous Humanoid.
- Medium: Can only use small weapons due to the karakasa's smaller arms
- Karakasa base land speed is 15 feet:
- Deep Gaze: Karakasas have a gaze attack due to their high intelligence and incredible magic abilities in their one eye. This attack can either fill the creature with fear or cause confusion (rules needed) This attack is a full-round action and can target 1 creature for every class level.
- Darkvision 30 feet.
- Immunity to Poison and Disease.
- Immunity to aging effects.
- Karakasa are unable to use the Ride skill.
- Karakasas may treat all Knowledge skills, except religion, as a class skill. Furthermore, they have a +2 racial bonus to all Knowledge checks.
- Karakasas suffer a -3 to all Jump, Move Silently, Climb, and Balance checks.
- Vulnerability to fire. In addition, karakasas take a -1 to attack and damage rolls when wielding a flaming or flaming burst weapon.
- Spell-Like Ability: Once a day/per 3 class levels —. Caster level is . The save DC is 10+int modifer.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any, except secret languages like druidic.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +0.