Kaisan (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Kaisan are naturally charismatic, able to charm with their exotic beauty and alluring speech. Kaisan tend to be happy. The standard Kaisa enjoys trickery and chaos, never satisfied with concrete rules or laws.
Kaisan enjoy making items and take particular pride in their professions, no job seems to be above another in the eyes of a Kaisan, it can only be measured by the quality of the product. Though they judge not the status of a job, Kaisan do tend to prefer those which are more hands-on.
The Kaisan are healthy, but lack in physical strength, and due to their tendency to stray from books and literature, they are not as intelligent as other races, finding stories and history much more meaningful from word of mouth.
 Physical Description
Kaisan are on par with the height of humans, but very thin by their standards. Their skin is usually ranging from dark purple, to a midnight blue in color. Their eyes are green, silver or red. Most Kaisan have black or grey hair, that is unkempt, but not dirty. Their hands differ from most other races as they have six agile fingers. Their faces are angular, with smooth skin, and round eyes.
The men are taller, and thus typically weigh more than the women, who have the normal womanly curves just more desirably so.
|“||Yeh should've seen 'er, she had eyes like a diamond, catchin' the like ever-so-perfectly, and 'er body was beau'ful, with just the righ' size everythin'! Her skin was like a dark amethyst, and her hair were black as soot. She was a sight mates!||”|
|—Duergar, the Dwarven Fighter, describes his encounter with a Kaisan Female to his friends.|
Kaisan have no set hated or preferred races.
Kaisan are Chaotic any, for their definite repulsion of laws and order.
Kaisan feel at home in marshy bogs, and swamp-like areas.
The religious practices for the Kaisan are more honor-based than anything.
Kaisan feel that if a neighbor belittles him, they must have an honorable duel, whilst this is irony in itself. Honorable duels amongst Kaisan involve as much trickery and trap-setting as you would expect to be absent in the usual 'Honorable Duel'
To win without traps and trickery, would be seen as boring and distasteful in the eyes of Kaisan.
To win an honorable duel, is to gain the favor of Olidammara and to be brought into favor otherwise is to be as slippery, plotting and deceitful as possible.
Kaisan speak Elven and Common.
Male names: Kalin, Rindar, Ruari
Female Names: Sila, Kiira, Ciera
Surnames: Eklintrov, Kumbassa, Eltrinda
Kaisan tend to lack middle names.
 Racial Traits
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: Kaisan tend to work with their looks and charm, using their nimble bodies and fingers to their advantage. They lack rough skin, and are not that hardy taking away from their physical force. They also tend to stray away from books.
- Humanoid (Kaisan): Kaisan are not elven in a direct way, but are very similar to them in attraction and physical stature. They are however, not to be confused with elves.
- Kaisan base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Kaisan get a +2 bonus to Craft (trapmaking).
- Kaisan automatically have Trapsense + 1, this stacks with the effects of the rogue class.
- Poison Resistance: Due to the exposure of poisonous creatures and gases in marshes and bogs, Kaisan gain +2 Fort saves against poisons.
- Automatic Languages: Etindra, Common. Bonus Languages: Halfing, Gnomish, Elven.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: 0.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||+5d20 years Maximum Age|
|180 years||260 years||340 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 7"||+1d12||90 lb.||+1d20 lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+1d8||80 lb.||+1d20 lb.|