Jilts (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Jilts are the embodiment of chaos. They can be of any persuasion and any alignment, no two being truly alike. They take to anything easily. Some are calm and reserved, some are keen and able, some daring and bold, some cowardly and stupid, some intelligent and devising. Pretty much anything can be found, similar to humans. They win friends easily, and are often eager to entertain. Most are very social and can have large families. They are very inquisitive and learn quite fast. This is one reason they reach adulthood so quickly. They are often loyal to family, usually finding a mate and "settling down" with them. Because they grow up so quickly, they often have a few children, raise them in one place, then when they move out on their own, they get bored with the place they live in, and pick up and move somewhere else to start again. They love a good challenge.
 Physical Description
Jilts are small, ranging from 2' to 2' 6" tall. They can literally be any color, with any hair color and any color eyes. They are the embodiment of chaos, even in appearance. They reach adulthood around age 10, and are usually ready for the world at that point. They age differently than most creatures. They remain in a youthful stage for most of their lives, looking much the same at 15 or 20 as they do at 60. Then, around 65-70 they start to age, and age fast. They go from middle age at 70 to old at 80, then venerable at 90. They then die quite quickly after that.
Other races get along well with them. They are usually helpful and friendly, so this has encouraged this relationship. However, they can have troubles being taken seriously, often being seen a a pet more than actual intelligent creatures. Most use this to their advantage to get what they want.
They live wherever they can find space. Most like to make a burrow, which they can do quite quickly, but some live just as others do, in a house with a bed and such.
They have no set religion. Some worship ancestors, others worship whatever god is popular in the area they are in at the time.
They have a language that has almost as many dialects as there are jilts. They make changes and additions to the language as they please, making it hard to learn the language, but most jilts get along fine. They learn other languages quickly, but can become bored with the rigid structure.
Names are given by parents as a childhood name, but most end up changing it several times in their lives until they find one they really like. Some do keep the family name, but most start their own new family name when they marry.
 Racial Traits
- −2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: They are highly intelligent and inquisitive, and are very cute and likable but are small, so they are not as strong.
- Small: They have all the typical bonuses of a small character.
- Jilts base land speed is 20 ft.
- Hand Shape (Ex): They can shape their hands into whatever they want. They cannot however change the mass of their hand, that remains the same no matter how large they shape the hands. They also cannot use their hands to do any damage, other than the normal unarmed damage. They can however shape them into useful tools and other such things. If they have 5 or more ranks in a skill, they can use hand shape to make a masterwork version of the tool being used, such as a masterwork flute for a bard or a masterwork lock pick while picking a lock.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Jilt. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Male: Ranger, Female: Druid
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||80 years||90 years||+1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 11"||+1d8||15 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||1' 11"||+1d6||13 lb.||× 1 lb.|