Ivories (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Deeka can crossbreed with humans and elves to have an offspring known as an ivory or an ivory elf, named for the color of their skin. These half-breeds never quite fit into their parent’s societies, but are most accepted into churches who understand what it means to have an ivory fighting on their side. An ivory has strength greater than its parents by combining the best of both worlds. An ivory ages the same as his parents, but tend to live slightly longer. Ivory elves live as long as half-elves.
This increase in physical strength and prowess is due to "hybrid vigor", a common occurrence between two closely related species, where the offspring is tougher than either of its parent species.
Ivories raised in deekan society, tend to behave more like their deeka parent. However, when raised outside deekan cities, they tend to be reserved and thoughtful, but with no less perseverance and determination.
 Physical Description
Ivories have sleek ivory skin, striking platinum blonde hair and cold pale eyes. They also retain the small shoulder protuberances of their deekan parentage. Ivory elves also have more sylvan features and are slightly shorter than their human-bred cousins. They grow to slightly over-tall Human height, but are very statuesque. The unfamiliar often can confuse them with celestials or aasimars. There was a tale of an ivory-drow that was without weakness to light or dark, had gray skin and white hair and fought with determined malice, but this rumor has never been substantiated outside of bardic tales.
Ivories are a varied bunch. Those raised in deekan culture tend toward lawfulness, while those raised in Temples of Rejiksson tend to favor lawfulness and goodness. Ivories raised in human lands may be of any alignment.
Ivories live in either homeland of their parents.
Ivories practice religion as either of their parents. Most commonly, they worship Rejiksson.
Ivories typically speak Common and Deeka. Though, if they were raised outside of the knowledge of their parentage, they will often speak Common and Celestial.
Ivories can have names from either of their bloodlines, depending on who they were raised with. If orphaned, ivories are often named after celestial beings and angels.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity: Ivories are strong and nimble.
- HumanoidHumanoid (HumanHuman): Ivories are also considered human, due to their heritage.
- MediumMedium: As medium-size creatures, ivories have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Ivory base land speed is 30 feet.
- Bright-light Vision (Su): Ivories are able to see in conditions of bright or blinding light without any difficulty. Dazzling and magical blindness has no effect on them.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Racial Skills: +2 Jump and +2 Perform (sing), as Ivory voices are beautiful and they take pride in their ability to sound like the heavens. Ivories have an artistic eye, which gives them +2 to Appraise checks to value art objects.
- Endurance and Diehard: Ivories gain the Endurance feat and the Diehard feat. They can take a lot of punishment and keep going.
- light: 1/day, quickenened— Caster level is character level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Deeka. Bonus Languages: Auran, Celestial, Elven, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +1.
- Base Effective Character Level: 2nd.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||95 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
 Races of Rom
Other races from Rom include: