Item Master (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
||- | style="vertical-align: middle; white-space: nowrap;"| Item Master | style="vertical-align: middle;" | Fill in prerequisites for this feat
| style="vertical-align: middle; font-size: 0.9em;"| You make magic items do things you want.
| style="vertical-align: middle; text-align: center;" | -</dplc>
Benefits: This is a skill feat that scales with your ranks in Use Magic Device.
- 0 ranks: You gain a +3 bonus to Use Magic Device checks.
- 4 ranks: You don't suffer mishaps with magic items.
- 9 ranks: When rolling Use Magic Device checks or random effects from magic items, you may roll twice and take the better result.
- 14 ranks: With a swift action and a successful Use Magic Device check against a DC of 30 + the item's caster level, you can gain the benefits of a slotted magic item without needing to have a slot available (for instance, a third ring on your finger) for one round.
- 19 ranks: When you activate a wand or staff, you can substitute a spell slot instead of using a charge. The spell slot must be one you have not used for the day, though you may lose a prepared spell to emulate a wand charge (you may not lose prepared spells from your school of specialty, if any). The spell slot lost must be equal to or higher in level than the spell stored in the wand, including any level-increasing metamagic enhancements. When using spell trigger, spell completion, or other consumable magic items, if you succeed on a Use Magic Device check of 40 + the caster level of the item as a swift action, the item or charges thereof are not consumed.