Irinsians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Possessing great passion and confidence, Irinsians are a people touched by the element of air.
Outsiders are often somewhat dazzled by their confidence and strength of conviction towards whatever cause they have devoted themselves to. However, Irinsians do have a tendency to come over as aloft and haughty. They think of themselves as superior over other creatures and therefore have a tendency to look down on other races. This attitude eventually lead to their downfall, so that the entire race is now nothing more than slaves or refugees from the might of the Sirilians. Some Irinsians took that as a lesson in humility and softened their own standards. Others turned to a self-righteous hatred towards all outsiders. The personality of any individual Irinsian is heavily dependant on his or her alignment.
Irinsians are generally between 5 1/5 and 6 feet tall with little difference between males and females. They are very slender and weigh quite a bit less than an average human of their length. Their hair is thin and blond and their eyes can be any light colour (blue, green, grey, purple). Most races consider them physically quite attractive ("shame about the attitude", they often add, though).
Evil-aligned Sirilians take a pleasure in breaking their spirits before sending them to their bedchambers.
- Size: Medium
- Base Land Speed: 50ft
- Low-Light Vision: An Irinsian can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon familiarity: Irinsians are automatically proficient with daggers and wingblades (same statistics as shortswords).
- Resistances: Irinsians have resistance to electricity 10 and resistance to acid 10.
- Wind immunity: Irinsians are never hampered by any form of wind (although they can by hit by something carried by the wind). As a consequence, they are also immume to spells that rely on the force of wind, such as gust of wind or cyclonic blast.
- +1 racial attack bonus with any weapon that counts as a light weapon to the Irinsian.
- Flying Whirlwind (ex): As a full-round action, an Irinsian can move her full speed and make one melee attack at her highest base modifier against any enemy who, during any point in this movement, comes within her reach. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. An Irinsian can use this ability once per encounter and is fatigued for the rest of the encounter after using it.
- +2 racial bonus to Tumble checks
- Air Subtype: Irinsians always fly with perfect maneuverability, no matter the cause of their flight, i.e. a fly spell.
- Spell-like abilities: An Irinsian with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of at least 10 gains spell-like abilities, depending on its Hit Dice, as indicated on the table below. The abilities are cumulative and usable once per day, unless otherwise noted. Caster level equals the Irinsian's HD and the save DC is Intelligence based.
|1-2||mage hand 3/day, feather fall|
|3-4||blood wind, unseen servant|
|5-6||Blast of Force, Invisibility|
|7-8||Feather Fall 3/day (overrides previous), Fly, wind wall|
|9-10||Haste, resist energy 3/day|
|11-12||Overland Flight, Forcewave|
|13-14||cyconic blast, waves of fatigue|
|15-16||Bigby's forceful hand, Blood Sirocco|
|17-18||summon monster VIII (Greater Air Elemental)|
- Automatic languages: Ancient Animean, Irinsian. Bonus languages: Izayn, Karnin, Sirilian, Salandrian, Common
- Favoured Class: Rogue or Ninja
- Level Adjustment: +3
Some spells in the spell-like abilities are derived from the Spell Compendium.
All the races of Eles-Perdna are part of a homebrewed campaign. However, they can be easily adapted to any setting. All you need is one or more planes with strong elemental traits (such as elemental planes or the abyss) and have some adapted humanoids live there.