Investigator (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
||- | style="vertical-align: middle; white-space: nowrap;"| Investigator | style="vertical-align: middle;" | Fill in prerequisites for this feat
| style="vertical-align: middle; font-size: 0.9em;"| You have an eye for detail and so much patience that going through a 100' by 100' room inch-by-inch doesn't even try it.
| style="vertical-align: middle; text-align: center;" | -</dplc>
Benefits: This is a skill feat that scales with your ranks in Search.
- 0 ranks: You can use Search to find traps like a character with trapfinding. If you already have that ability, you gain +3 to your Search checks. Search is always a class skill for you.
- 4 ranks: You can Search a 10' by 10' area with a full-round action.
- 9 ranks: You automatically sense any active magic effects in an area you search. If you succeed on a DC 20 Search check, you can determine their number, strength, and school, as if using detect magic.
- 14 ranks: You can Search objects or areas within 30 feet of yourself. You can make a Search check as a swift action.
- 19 ranks: You have an intuitive sense for hidden things. Anytime something that someone has hidden is within 60 feet of you, you know it; if there are multiple things, you know how many. However, you must still make Search checks as normal to locate them.