Inumimi, Oreisa (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Inumimi are a subrace of yokai called Kemonomimi and bear specific features of a dog.
An inumimi is the best companion an adventurer can have. Loyal to a fault, they'll think twice before betraying their comrades even if their life is at risk for it. Inumimi dislike liars and will not lie themselves unless a comrade's life depends on it making them the most trusted of all yokai. However, a inumimi tends to be too trusting and often get themselves in very bad situations for trusting they shouldn't have.
 Physical Description
An inumimi is an average of 5 feet tall and resembles an Oreisan human with the exception of having the ears and often the tail of a dog that could hide around the presence of humans. The color of a inumimi's eyes and hair may vary although the fur on their ears and tail were often either tan or brown despite their hair color. Also an inumimi may also appear in the form of a dog, being an inborn cantrip practiced even by non-spellcasters.
Inumimi are a sub-race who will travel around with about anyone. They are the natural enemy of nekomimi, too couragous in the eyes of many usagimimi, too gullible for the clever kitsunemimi and too friendly for the ushimimi. Humans trust an inumimi more than any other yokai, but that merits little credit. The secretive ways of the kagebo-n brings mutual distrust between them and many inumimi and the senyo are too distant attract interest.
An inumimi's loyalty makes them a race who abide by laws in order to insure the safety of their companions. Inumimis are more often neutral, although they often follow the path of their closest friend.
Where an inumimi lives depends on whom they live with. Those domesticated (as there are many too no surprise) will settle where their masters live with little complaint while wild inumimi will follow any companion or semi-nomadic tribes, settling in a single place until forced to move.
Inumimi often pay tribute to Shitorigami (the sun bird god).
Inumimi speak Oriental Common and Inu.
Names are a human invention, but a inumimi will happily adopt the name a traveling companion gives them despite the yokai trait.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, −2 Wisdom, : Inumimis are hardy, but foolish.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Yokai): As a subrace of Kemonomimi, they bare certain animal abilities.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Inumimi have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Inumimi base land speed is 30 ft.
- Dog Shape(Ex): A certain number of times a day, an Inumimi can change into a dog and back into her original form. While in a dog form, he loses all proficiencies with any weapon other than his natural weapons. A inumimi can change into a dog 1/level during any single day. Changing back into his original form doesn't count against the number of times he can transform into a dog.
- Low-Light Vision: an Inumimi can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, and other conditions of shadowy illumination.
- Dog Fangs(Ex): An unarmed Inumimi gains a bite attack in place of an unarmed strike (the damage dealt is the same as an unarmed strike of his size, but is considered lethal damage). A inumimi may deal nonlethal damage using his unarmed strike, but he takes a -4 aiming penalty on the attack roll.
- Yokai Traits(Su): as a yokai, if a Inumimi is given a name by a human, he must obey every command that human gives him even if he doesn't want to obey the command. However, if a inumimi already bares a name, he is not subject to this trait.
- Inumimi have a +2 racial bonus on all Disguise checks made to hide their canine features.
- Inumimi have a +2 racial bonus to Jump, Listen, Spot and Survival Checks.
- Automatic Languages: Oriental Common, Inu. Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: Samurai. A multiclass Inumimi's Samurai Class doesn't count when determining wether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||300 years||350 years||+1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+2d8||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|