Hydrafolk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Often aloof and very private about their personal lives and are solemn and solitary. However, when under the influence of alcohol they become very rowdy.
 Physical Description
Often about as tall as an ogre. Otherwise, they appear much like a humanoid 1-headed hydra.
They are often shunned by members of other races, so they try to remain solitary.
Solitary, moderate temperature places.
Hydrafolks rarely devote themselves to one particular deity, but those that do don't seem to have a specific pattern for choosing.
Common and Abyssal.
Same as whatever community they are raised in.
 Racial Traits
- +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, −4 Intelligence, −2 Charisma: hydrafolk are strong and resilient, but are not very intelligent.
- Monstrous Humanoid: A hydrafolk must get custom armor because of its unusual shape
- Large: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Hydrafolk base land speed is 30 feet, 30 feet swim.
- Low-light vision.
- Skills: Hydrafolk has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
- Unusual shape: A hydrafolk has to get custom armor.
- Combat Reflexes: A hydrafolk gets the combat reflexes feat, this allows it to use all its heads for attacks of opportunity.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +3
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||102 years||130 years||+4d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||9'||+2d6||780 lb.||× (1/2d%) lb.|
|Female||8' 11"||+1d12||625 lb.||× (1/2d%) lb.|