Karmainian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
The Karmainians are a diverse people. They are as likely to be hot-headed as calm. They are more varied then any other race. But there are still similarities. Most Karmainians are judgmental and will normally see people for their heritage and profession (Especially North Karmainians) rather than who they actually are.
They also act on emotion more than logic and are prone to rash decisions.
Karmainians are normally slightly taller and heavier than elves, but there are hundreds of Karmainians which are exceptions to this. Karmainians come in various different shapes. Their skin tones can range from a dark brown to a pale white. Karmainians generally grow long hair, which can range from blonde, brown, raven coloured, and rarely red. They have oval shaped eyes which are generally a green tinted brown, but variants often occur. Such variants are Amber eyes, Blue eyes, Green eyes, and in some amazingly rare cases purple and eyes which change with the weather.
Karmainians also have a small quantity of Dead Iron in their bodies. This amount increases over time, which causes minor side-effects of Dead Iron. This means that eventually a Karmainian will faintly glow blue in moonlight.
The Karmainians are seen as strange as they are so varied. They are currently in a war with the Sumran Empire causing distrust with the Dunesti and some Newesti. The Karmainians and the Gnomes have a common enemy in the Kobolds and it isn't uncommon to see Gnomish merchants traveling through North Karma. They treat Aasimar and Tieflings as outsiders because of there Non-Karmainian blood makes them untrustworthy.
They are normally neutral, they don't have a pull to any alignment.
They live in the plains of North Karma and Kratoa. They used to also be in control of South Karma.
Most Karmainians are religious at an extreme level. They normally worship gods like Dylian and his children. As they are mainly fanatics they will generally do whatever the Leader of there religion says even if it makes no sense.
They all to learn to speak Trade Tongue, Karmainan.
They first names are from other languages. Thier last names are normally titles only gained upon an achevement. This is why all Nobles in Karmainian society have adventurers in their blood. These titles are normally the combination of two Karmainian words.
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Karmainians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Karmainian base land speed is 30 feet.
- Karmainian Adaption: A Karmainian gains 1 extra feat at 3rd level. This bonus feat may be changed at 10th level.
- Karmainian Resistance: Caused by the combination of Dead Iron and the Sumran War Karmainians have now grown resistant to arcane magic. Karmainians have Spell Resistance equal to half your character level plus your charisma modifier. This spell resistance is reduced by half against Divine Spells.
- Karmainian Skill: Karmainians start with 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Favored Class: Any
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|