Humans, Fisher (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Fishers are a strange race of humanoid otters. They are, surprisingly enough, simply a subrace of humans.
Fishers are cheerful and merry, always making the best of nay situation. This attitude is charming to most, but others find it annoying.
 Physical Description
Fishers stand around four to five feet tall, and weigh about 65 - 85 lb, with males noticeably taller then females. They look like furry humans with sleek, otter-like heads and tails. Their fur is always some shade of brown, an they have webbed hands and feet.
Most fishers are Neutral good.
Fishers dwell on the coasts of Albion Proper.
Fisher are not very religious, but many worship Sha'sha, a goddess of the sea and good fortune.
Fishers speak Common, Albionian and Fisher Language.
 Racial Traits
- +2 dexterity, -2 strength, -2 constitution, +2 charisma. Fishers have quick reflexes and are very cute. However, due to their smaller size, they are not as strong as other races, and are not as tough due to their slim builds.
- Humanoid (Human, Aquatic)
- Fisher base land speed is 20 ft. Base swim speed is 40 ft.
- Low-Light Vision.
- Slight Build: the physical stature of fisher lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a fisher is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the fisher is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A fisher is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A fisher can still use weapons designed for a medium creature. The space and reach of a fisher remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Breath-holding (ex): a fisher can hold its breath for minutes equal to 3x constitution score before it risks drowning.
- +8 racial bonus on swim checks. A fisher can always take ten on a swim check, even when rushed or threatened. A fisher can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
- Automatic Languages: Albionian, Fisher Language,Common. Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages).
- Favored Class: sorcerer.