Crystalics (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Crystalic were first created by a jeweler name Jurnik Louur. He was cutting his crystals the local mining guild supplied him with and he noticed one was dark in it's center. He was about to throw it with the other rejects but it started to glow. He examined it some more, not able to find it's secrets. He became a wizard just so he can study the stone and he studied and studied for ages in the Library of the Sublime (Races of Destiny). The library was sacked and he wasn't able to continue his research on the stone. Jurnik wandered aimlessly with the stone until he stumbled upon another stone of it's kind, this one wasn't darkened in the center. He took the second stone and brought it to an Illumian quill cabal. He used the lab almost every second of every day, studying books on Tarmuid's exploits to become an Illumian in his spare time. After another year, he discovered something he can do to find out what the crystal does. Jurnik preformed a ritual after his years of studying. He became the first Crystalic. He wrote down the secrets and gave them to his fellow guild members, they all became Crystalics.
To people who do not know anything about this race, they seem like emotionless automatons. But they do feel emotions, but they are not able to express it. Crystalics have different personalities based on the time of day and the climate. In the early morning, they are active and energetic, they work quickly and get tasks done quickly to burn energy. In the evening, they become calm, acting like any other average human. At night, they become relaxed and like to kick back and complain when told to do something. Crystalics also have emotions based on weather. In the spring months, they are happy, they love to stay in the light and relax like they do at night, but they don't complain unless they are told to go inside. In the hot summer months, they are silly and have way more energy than usual. In the cold months, the are dark and forboding. Being merciless and may even go to disembowling a dead enemy for the fun of it.
A crystalic have tough skin that ranges in color from baby blue to blood red. They are usually about 5 to 6 feet in height and may weigh up to 1000 pounds (same as a humans weight time 2). A crystalic do have male and female genders that look the same a regular humans, but they lack reproductive organs. Their face is emotionless, as their speech. A crystalic is more commonly bald, but ones with hair ranges in color from bsby blue to crimson.
Crystalics prefer being in the company of Illumians, as they are humans transformed by ritual. Otherwise, they like dwarves because, like themselves, dwarves have affinity with stone. They act averagely with humans and half-elves. Crystalics hate elves, saying that it is better to live underground than in the forest.
Crystalic Humans have a variety of different beliefs and feelings, though it is uncommon to see true neutral crystalics.
Crystalics either live underground, or at the mouths of caves. They like to stay in the sun in the spring and summer times. But otherwise, they prefer to live in underground areas, preferably where veins of crystals are.
Crystalics believe Jurnik, the first Illumian. Otherwise, they are athiest or agnostic.
Crystalics speak Common and Crystal-speak. The smarter ones usually learn Terran and Undercommon
Crystalics gain names as humans. But they gain a last name based on their parent's surname. When a female partners with a male, the female removes the second syllable of her surname and replaces it with the first syllable of the male's surname. Crystalic's surname always have two syllables.
Male : Tim, Edward, Rokko, Kevin,Crystak
Female : Laura, Erin, Isabella, Amy
Surnames : KuxLin, ArukAruk, LoupInali, KassinaAtskanap
- +2 Strength, +6 Constitution, −6 Dexterity −2 charisma: Crystalics are tough and strong, but they are extremely stiff.
- Construct (Living Construct): A crystalic is a humanoid shaped moving crystal that has thoughts.
- Being emotionless lies are are hard to detect, so Crystalic get a +4 in bluff
- Medium: Since a crystalic is medium size, it does not gain any size bonuses or penalty.
- Crystalic base land speed is 30 feet.
- Death Throes(Ex): When a crystalic is reduced to -10 hp, it becomes a large spike of crystal in the ground. Next round, dozens of crystal spikes explode from the spike, impales any creature within 10 feet of it for 1d6 + 1d6 damage per character level damage.
- Diamond Structure(Su): A crystalic's body is made from a diamond like crystal, giving them DR 10/adamantine.
- Essence of Crystals(Su): After a Crystalic's death throes, a chunk of crystal falls off. This chunk is dark in the middle, like a miscut diamond. Also a floatin orb is released, floating aimlessly. After a year, the crystalic is reborn. If it had 2 or more class levels, it starts at level 1 and it also losses it's previous possessions. Everyone who knew the crystalic before he died has forgotten about them and nothing short of a Greater Restoration can restore that memory.
- Craftable Body(Ex): A crystalic can craft it's own arm into a weapon. A crystalic doing this on himself takes a -5 penalty to his Craft(Weaponsmithing) check. Any weapon crafted from one counts as being made from mundane crystal. If crystalic has levels in a psionic class and power point reserve of 2, their weapon counts as deep crystal. A Move Earth spell cast on a crystalic removes the -5 penalty. A crafted limb usually takes about a day to make. Once a limb has been crafted, it cannot be returned to it's original shape and incurs a -2 Dex penalty to dexterity-based skills and -2 additional Dex penalty to skills that requires the use of fingers and hands.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a crystalic a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A crystalic human who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a crystalic can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A crystalic can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- Ageless(Su): A crystalic is not effected by age bonuses and penalties, though they can still die of old age.
- Planted Seed(Su): When a crystalic wants a child, mostly as an apprentice, they can cut off a piece of their body and place it in a patch of stone. When planted, a small diamond stud can be seen where it had been planted. In a year, the crystal had grown into a giant loctus made of diamond. A week later, the diamond bursts open and disintegrates into nothing, dealing 1d4 damage to any creature within 5ft of the diamond flower.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Crystal-speak Bonus Languages: Terran, Undercommon
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +6
|10 years||+2d4 years||+2d6 years||+2d8 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||248 years||390 years||+1d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+2d10||521 lb.||× 2d8 lb.|
|Female||4' 7"||+1d20||446 lb.||× 2d8 lb.|