Humans, Æskmann (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Æskmann were created by the God Odin with arcane magic in order to populate Midgard. From Æskland they then spread to Danaland and Gautaland, establishing these three realms as their homeland. Then, from Gautaland they colonized Gotenmark, whence they were later expelled by Mithraic crusades, Hunaland and Finaland. Later from Danaland they invaded the Wilderlands, pillaging great part of Luthany, and reaching Aquilania with their raids, whereas from Hunaland, their expeditions reached most of Severnja, between Mirkwood and Bolgar Basin, down to the Golden Empire.
They are the stereotypal Viking.
 Physical Description
They are averagely 6' tall (5' 8" for women) and weigh about 180 lbs (130 lbs the women). They have mostly blonde or red hair and grey or blue eyes. They wear beards and moustaches as well as tresses and ponytails.
Æskmann fights valiantly against Giants and Dark Elves. They naturally admire and respect Light Elves, Gnomes and Midgard Dwarves. With these they also trade often. They honour Hyborians and Nadir as good enemy. They crush without mercy Kobolds and they mistrusts Grey Dwarves.
mostly Chaotic, often Chaotic Neutral.
Æskland, Gautaland, Hunaland, Finaland, Danaland, Wilderlands, Severnja. Æskmann living outside Nordheim conserve the Nordheim subtype.
Æsir Pantheon, generally belonging to the College of the Way (Æskland, Danaland) or to the Priesthood of Uppaholm (Gautaland, Finaland). A few of them, mostly in Danaland, have converted to Mithraism.
Nordic, but each tribe has its dialect (Gautir, Finir, Æskir e Danir). Dialects are included in the language knowledge, and those who do not speak them, need a Intelligence check (DC 12) to understand them.
- Names are followed by patronimic and the name of the clan or of the town.
- Patronimic is formed by the father's name plus the suffix: "-sson" if a male and "-dottir" if a female.
- Male Names: Alvis, Aslak, Bjorn, Bond, Carr, Dag, Esbern, Gunnar, Geir, Herrick, Ivor, Leif, Magne, Oddvar, Olaf, Regin, Sigurd, Stig, Sven, Tarn, Tor, Yngvar, Hrolf, Thorstein, Eirik, Ragnar, Invar, Thorvald, Bjarni;
- Female Names: Astrid, Brenda, Dagmar, Eir, Gerda, Gunnhild, Helga, Hjordis, Idona, Inga, Norna, Ragnhild, Runa, Sigrid, Thora, Unni, Valda, Gudrun, Aud, Hallgerd, Hallgrim, Svanhild, Thorgerd;
- Clan Names: Bear, Boar, Bull, Eagle, Lynx, Wolf;
- Town Names: Uppaholm, Æskenheim, Stavengard, Hathaborg, Hålea, Trelleskap, Gautargard, Jomsburg, Osthavn, Danhus, Danhavn, Kobalsthal, Torunberg, Lillenthal, Gautarhavn;
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence: Æskmann are strong and tough but not incline to high speculations and reasonings.
- Humanoid (Human, Nordheim): Being native to the Nordheim domain, it gains the correspondent subtype.
- Æskmann base land speed is 30 feet.
- Nordheim Subtype: double normal regeneration, resistance to cold 5, +2 domain bonus to Fortitude and Will.
- An Æskmann always has max ranks in Profession (Sailor).
- Exceptional Athleticism: +1 all Strength based check.
- Racial Honour Code: all free Æskmann have Honour Points.
- Bonus Feat & Skill Points (like all Humans).
- Strong Old Age: aging effects are quicker but lighter for Æskmann (see tables).
- Automatic Languages: Common and Nordic. Bonus Languages: Hyborian, Hunik, Giant, Troll, High Elven.
- Favored Class: Skald, Viking.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+3d6||140 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 4"||+3d4||100 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
 NPC Classes
- Peasant Warrior
 Base Classes
- Barbarian: common far from sea. They use the Totem Barbarian rules, choosing from Bear, Boar, Bull (Dragon), Eagle, Lynx (Jaguar), Wolf.
- Fighter: common in urban settings. They use the Tribal Champion and the Nobility options.
- Ranger: common far from sea. They can also use the Favored Environment rules, choosing from Mountains, Forest.
- Viking: the most common, half barbarian, half pirate; must be taken at 1st level.
- Rogue: only in urban settings.
- Skald: substitutes the Bard. They use the Savage Bard variant.
- Wilderness Rogue: substitutes the Rogue in wilderness settings.
- Beguiler (from Player's Handbook II): they are considered to be Loki's Clergy, so they must worship him and stay within one pass from his alignment.
- Druid: receives power from the Vanir, Gods of Nature, and they must worship them. In fact, they are considered to be Vanir's Clergy.
- Healer (from Heroes of Battles): they are considered the current magic user, also the general base class to Clergy.
- Warlock: rare, bad regarded, secretive arcane class.
 Prestige Classes
- Berserk: very common. Bear, Boar, Bull clans.
- Cleric of the Way: good-aligned, college organized, and diffuse in Danaland and Æskland.
- Frenzied Berserker: quite common. Eagle, Lynx, Wolf clans.
- Jomsviking: evil aligned, order of elite mercenary hailing from Jomsburg.
- Priest of Uppaholm: evil-aligned, cult organized and form the ruling class of Gautaland.
- Swanmay: good-aligned cabal of protectress of nature.
- Variag Guard: chosen bodyguards of Golden Emperor in Basilea.
- Viking Sailor: only for other classes than base Viking, who wants to take some levels.
- Viking Warlord: only for other classes than base Viking, who are going to lead some.
- White Mage: members of the White Circle of Hålea, dominating Finaland.
- Arcane Trickster: Loki worshipping arcanists.
- Battle Trickster: Loki worshipping warriors.
- Bearlord: leaders of the Bear Clan.
- Bear Warrior: champions of the Bear Clan.
- Bloodhound: hunters of Wolf Clan.
- Divine Oracle: prophet and prophetesses.
- Highland Stalker: hunters of Eagle Clan.
- Magical Trickster: Loki worshipping mages.
- Ravager: most merciless and savage outlaws.
- Reaping Mauler: brawlers of Bull Clan.
- Tempest: champions of Boar Clan.
- Uncanny Trickster: Loki worshippers.
- Wildhunter: hunters of Lynx Clan.
- Wolflord: leaders of the Wolf Clan.
- Beastmaster: less common.
- Dread Pirate: quite common.
- Exotic Weapon Master: quite common.
- Horizon Walkers: quite common.
- Legendary Leader: quite common.
- Loremaster: quite common.
- Mystical Theurge: less common.
- Nature's Warrior: less common.
- Rage Mage: less common.
- War Chanter: quite common.
- War Priest: quite common, must have cleric/priest levels.