Honey Badgerkin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Like their animal ancestors, badgerkin just don’t care. They are brazen in all things and entirely lacking in any sort of social graces. They are aggressive towards everything, including other badgerkin. Their behavior could be described as savage. They strictly eat meat, usually raw and freshly killed. Badgerkin are generally unhygienic. This combined with their brazen and fearless behavior has led to them being known as "crazy nastyass honey badgerkin".
Standing between 5 and 6 feet tall, badgerkin are Medium-sized, bipedal honey badgers. They are covered in fur and rarely wear clothing. Their fur is mostly black except on their backs, starting at the top of their heads and running down to the tip of their tails where the fur is a dingy white/yellow color. They also smell horrendously; partially from lack of hygiene, and partly do to the skunk like odor glands they use to mark territory or use to discourage attackers and intruders.
Badgerkin are feared and/or despised by most other races because of their crazy, nastyass, aggressive behaviors and complete lack of respect for any and all other beings.
Badgerkin, being more beast than humanoid, are usually Neutral.
Badgerkin live in grasslands, forests, deserts, and mountains.
Badgerkin have no religion, because they just don’t care.
Badgerkin do not speak, but they can understand things told to them in Common or Elven. Badgerkin communicate through body language, and animalistic snarls, growls, grunts, and their trademark call: “Nung! Nung! Nung! Nung! Nung! Nung! Nung!”
Being unable to speak, Badgerkin typically do not have names of their own. If a badgerkin has it name, it has been given one by someone who can speak.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -4 Intellect, -4 Charisma: Badgerkin are agile and sturdy beastly beings, not very bright or influential.
- Monstrous Humanoid Type
- Badgerkin base land speed is 30 feet
- Illiterate: Badgerkin cannot read and must purchase literacy (as Barbarian).
- Mute: Badgerkin can understand Common and Elven, but cannot speak.
- Badger Claw Slap: Badgerkin automatically gain Improved Unarmed Strike, Altered Unarmed Strike, and Weapon Finesse as bonus feats. A Badgerkin’s unarmed attack deals 2d4 base damage.
- Thick-Skinned and Dodgy: Honey badger have +3 Natural Armor and +2 Deflection Modifier as racial bonuses. However, Badgerkin may not wear heavy armor. Badgerkin have a +2 racial bonus to Reflex.
- Glutton: A badgerkin regains hit points when it eats. By eating 1 day’s worth of rations, a badgerkin may regain hit points equal to its bloodied value. In addition, a badgerkin can consume raw or decaying foods with no ill effects.
- Ferocious Resolve: Badgerkin get a +2 bonus to Fortitude and Will and are immune to natural diseases and fear. When making a save roll against the effects of poisons, badgerkin may roll twice and use either result.
- Burrow: As a move action, a badgerkin may burrow underground at half their speed. While underground, a badgerkin may not attack or be attacked. A badgerkin cannot burrow through stone or any other hard material.
- Odor Spray: Once a day as a minor action, a badgerkin can make an Odor Spray attack, forcing all creatures within 5 squares of the badgerkin to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + ½ the badgerkin's character’s level + the badgerkin’s Con modifier). This attack deals no damage, but any creature who fails this saving throw is dazed for the next 3 rounds.
- Badgerkin get a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate, Listen, Search, Spot, Survival, and Tumble. Being unable to speak, Badgerkin cannot make Charisma-based checks except for Intimidate. Badgerkin have a -4 penalty to Jump and Swim.
- Low-Light Vision
- Automatic Languages: (Understood but not Spoken) Common, Elven Bonus Languages: None
- Favored Class: Monk
- Level Adjustment : +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’4”||+1d6||200 lbs.||× (2d20) lbs.|
|Female||5’0”||+1d6||185 lbs.||× (2d20) − 10 lbs.|