Hobgoblin, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This is an alternate, optional version of the hobgoblin race from the 3.5 Monster Manual, beefed up to be more worthy of a +1 Level Adjustment. This reflects their status as the tough, heavy bruisers of the savage humanoids, with their roots in Tolkien's Uruk-hai.
 Revised Hobgoblin Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution. Hobgoblins are strong, tough, and quick.
- Medium size. As Medium creatures, hobgoblins have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Hobgoblin base land speed is 30 feet. Hobgoblins can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such a situation).
- Darkvision (Ex): Hobgoblins can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and hobgoblins can function just fine with no light at all.
- Weapon Proficiency: Hobgoblins are automatically proficient with the longsword.
- Weapon Familiarity: Hobgoblins treat bastard swords as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on Move Silently checks. Like all goblinoids, hobgoblins are adept at stealth.
- +2 racial bonus on Intimidate checks. Hobgoblins have forceful, aggressive personalities.
- Hobgoblins gain Great Fortitude as a bonus feat.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Orc.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +1.