Hitakand (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Hitakand race are an intellectual bunch. They tend to be curious and want to learn every reason behind every action. When greeted for the first time by a new friendly race, the Hitakand tend to shake hands and hold the hand of this new race a little longer trying to study it.
Because of their curious demeanor, the Hitakand get along with most of the other races, however Half-orcs tend to dislike, but deal with, the Hitakands.
Hitakand lean more towards any neutral.
Hitakand find home in swampy areas. Although a lot of the time Hitakands will wonder off to gain more knowledge.
Hitakand have no defined religion, but some will adopt another race's religion if they find that race in particular interesting.
Hitakand speak Hitakan and Common. They enjoy learning new languages, and no language is beyond them to learn.
A Hitakand will be given a birth name, and use that till teenage years. When he grows old enough he will choose a name for himself. That name normally imitates a name from another race.
Hitakand Racial Traits
- Monstrous Humanoid
- +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution: Hitakand are smart but frail
- Large (long and lean): Hitakand are considered large, but like centaurs lack the reach of most other large beings. Also, due to their lean physique they are unable to wield large weapons and wield medium weapons and the total weight carried in a load does not change from the medium standard. -1 Size Modifier, +4 Grapple Modifier, -4 Hide Modifier
- Hitakand base land speed is 40 feet
- Quadruped: Hitakands are exceptionally stable because of their four legs. A Hitakand has a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground)
- Low-Light vision
- Automatic Languages: Hitakan and Common. Bonus languages: Any, other then special languages like Druidic
- Favored class: Ranger