From D&D Wiki
I've recently been working on a "Help:Portal" for new users. The end goal is to have a page where new users can go to easily find a introduction to D&Dwiki, reasons and ways to join, basic formatting tutorial and help, and any basic polices, as well as a easy way to find another user or admin to talk to or pose questions to.
Anyways Help:Portal#Behavioral Policies, I've currently got up a rough draft of something for behavioral guidelines (the next redlink on the portal - trying to get it all filled out). Basically, this is just a copy of Wikipedias and a writing of what has been stated by bureaucrats here or has been standard. I don't feel comfortable making that page without the community's input, as I don't want other users to think that I'm trying to make policy or anything. I just want a page that can help new users and be used to settle and potential disputes. In that regard, I ask others to check out that page and feel free to edit constructively or discuss possible changes here.
While we're at it, any other thoughts on implementing the portal and good pages to have would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to make it really easy for new users to jump in and help, especially now that we're slowly compiling older editions and since we've had so many new users lately sign up. So, any ideas to help with that would be great!10:27, 13 October 2009 (MDT)
- I hope one understands these are only help pages - they are not written policies in any way.
|“||Incivility consists of personal attacks, rudeness, and aggressive behaviors that disrupt the project and lead to unproductive stress and conflict. Incivility is disruptive and unacceptable, and as such D&D Wiki follows a zero-tolerance policy towards rude and uncivil behavior. Harassment, belittling, or other condemning actions from one user towards another will result in an instant permanent ban on the inflicting user.||”|
- If you look on Meta Pages we are using the warning system - not as aggressive as this.
- Also on Help:Portal#Language and Adult Content I feel the warning system should be mentioned as well.
- Is Help:Portal#User Pages from the GWBD admin nomination attempt? --Green Dragon 12:13, 14 October 2009 (MDT)
- Yeah I'm trying to find the best wording to make sure users just see it as help. Perhaps using the name "behavioral guidelines" or "precedents" would work.
- I'll try to word up something on the warning system. The user page bit is both inspired by the old GWBD discussions and a basic copy of the wikipedia ones. Whatever you think that should say as its really undefined to my knowledge. 12:16, 14 October 2009 (MDT)