Halflings, Nomad (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The nomad halfling is ment to represent the halfling barbarians that inhabit planes, steppie and desert regions such as in the DnD book Sandstorm.
Nomad halflings, like their more civilized relatives are easy going in every day life, loving food, comfort, drink, play and song. It just so happens that their definitions of those things are diffrent. Nomad halflings are just as happy eating meat off a spit, sleeping under the stars, drinking water, and singing songs from pony or dog back. And their definition of play is drastically different than other halflings, for the nomad halflings play is rough, wrestling, mounted tricks and even raiding other nomadic camps.
nomad halfling stand about 3 feet tall and tend to be a bit leaner then other halflings, nomad's skin is normaly a darker shade the other halfings from the sun of thear homes, and thear hair is normaly cut soft and wind blown, unlike most halflings blond hair is the norm with red and brown being normal as well, thear clothing is normaly light and loss.
Nomad halflings are friendly and open to people they see as "good" and violently hostile to people they see as "Evil" they get along with humans, elfs, gnomes and other halfling tradeing with then and offering thear help winever they can. But a good amount of the nomad halflings time is sent hunting for and raiding goblins, kobolts, orcs and other evil groups, in tought times nomad halflings arent above steeling from thear "Friends" as long as they can spare the goods.
Almost all nomad halflings are Chaotic, Good with some being Neutral, Good. Evil nomad halflings are killed if they do not flee and lawfull nomad halflings normaly leave the tribe.
Nomad halflings live in large open areas, deserts and planes wear they can hunt and raid.
Most nomad halflings dont worship gods are most people would think of them, they worship the elements they see around them, air, earth, water, fire. Some Nomads will worship plant, animal or nature gods.
Nomad halflings speak Halfling and Common and offten lurn goblin, draconic or giant.
Nomad Halflings have names much like any other halflings.
- -2 Strength, -2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom: Nomad halflings are small and nimble like thaer halfling relitives but tend to be less academicly inclined and more cunning.
- Humanoid (Halfling).
- Small: As a Small creature, nomads gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but uses smaller weapons than humans use, and lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Nomads have 20 base land speed.
- +2 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, and Move Silently checks. Nomads are experts at sneaking up on thear targets and other unsavory types.
- +2 to Survival Checks. +2 to all Handle Animal and Ride Checks.
- Automatic Languages: Halfling, Common. Bonus Languages: Goblin, Orc, Gaint, Draconic, Elven, Gnomish.
- Favored Class: Ranger.