Halflings, Desert (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Desert Halflings prefer trouble to boredom. They are notoriously curious. Relying on their ability to survive or escape danger, they present a daring that few larger creatures can match. They love treasure hunting and trap setting. They tend to spend their treasure as quickly as they acquire it.
Desert Halflings stand about 3 feet tall and usually weigh 30-35 pounds. They have darker skin and tend to look wind-swept and a little beaten. They have dark straight hair and darker brown to black eyes. They wear long, comfortable clothing that covers their entire body. They reach adulthood at about 20 and live into their second century.
Desert Halflings tend to get along well with every race. They actively try to make themselves valuable and pleasant to be around.
Desert Halflings tend towards neutrality. While they are wily pranksters and accept change (chaotic), they enjoy some constancy in such things like family ties and honor.
Desert Halflings live in, as their name suggests, the desert. the further into the desert, the more comfortable they are.
The Desert Halfling language is very simply written but extensively spoken. Their oral tradition is very strong.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Strength. Desert Halflings are quick, agile, and crafty, but they are smaller than most so they are not as strong as most other races
- Humanoid (Halfling)
- Small: As a small creature, a Desert Halfling gains +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus to Hide checks, but they use smaller weapons than humans and their lifting and carrying capacity are three-quarters that of a human.
- Desert Halfling's base land speed is 20 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on Jump, Move Silently, and Survival: Desert Halflings are agile and endure harsh conditions in the desert
- +2 morale bonus against fear.
- +1 on all saving throws: Desert Halflings are surprisingly capable of avoiding mishaps.
- +2 heat endurance: Desert Halflings spend most of their time in extreme heat.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen: Desert Halflings have particularly keen ears.
- Automatic Languages: Halfling, Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Orc, Dwarven. Desert Halflings like to learn the languages of their friends.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||75 years||100 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2’ 8”||+2d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2’ 6”||+2d4||25 lb.||× (1) lb.|