HalfWolf (3.5e Race)

From D&D Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Scales.png This page is of questionable balance. Reason: This article contains what appears to be an unfinished work, such as citing an "Animal Subtype" (Animals are classically a type), "Humanoid (Wolfkin)", having uneven ability score adjustments (that which do not match the racial template in the listing), some miscategorizing, along with vague or very powerful mechanics (ability to innately ignore difficult terrain). The Level Adjustment is also set too low. --Argent Fatalis (talk) 17:18, 10 July 2013 (MDT)


You can help D&D Wiki by better balancing the mechanics of this page. When the mechanics have been changed so that this template is no longer applicable please remove this template. If you do not understand balance please leave comments on this page's talk page before making any edits.
Edit this Page | All pages needing balance


HalfWolf[edit]

When a human breeds with a werewolf, there is a 50% chance the child will be human, a 45% chance it will be a werewolf, and a 5% chance it will be a HalfWolf. HalfWolves posses traits of humans and wolves, and are subsequently quite rare, especially in cities. However, sometimes, a slum or ghetto can be a more than suitable hunting ground for the HalfWolves, seeing as they can suppress their bestial instincts better than pureblood werewolves, but city HalfWolves are generally evil, as they are forced to survive to survive off of beggars and whores, if they survive at all. They are by no means mindless savages, as they can co-exist with the other races, but they are prone to feral aggression, if they, or their 'pack' is threatened.

Personality[edit]

HalfWolves posses a subconscious desire to seek out a pack. The occurrence of HalfWolves is rare, and most will never acquire a true 'pack' of their own, as they belong to neither man, as they are partially animal, or werewolf, as HalfWolves do not posses the ability to shapeshift. Generally, the closest a HalfWolf will ever get to the elusive 'pack' they yearn for is their adventuring party, who they will stick with at all times. Naturally, sometimes mistakenly, they expect the same loyalty in return.

Physical Description[edit]

HalfWolves are usually of medium build, looking quite similar to humans except for the fact that their hairs are growing much faster, they have eyes of different colors(ex. a Brown and a Green Eye) they tend to posses powerful claws, sharper hearing, a better sense of smell and a furry tail usually between 2 and 3 feet. Their mainly carnivorous diet has caused them to posses sharp, canine teeth, ideal for tearing meat. They tend to be a more licentious, stronger, and more muscular than humans, due to their lifestyle of hunting and eating humanoids or animals.

Relations[edit]

They are too sparse for any one race to form a strong opinion about them, but forest dwelling elves seem to hate them.

Alignment[edit]

A HalfWolf's alignment relies heavily on the alignment of its pack (party). For example, a chaotic evil HalfWolf will find kinship in an evil party, while a chaotic good HalfWolf will travel with a good party. Most half wolves are chaotic/neutral, as their nature inclines them towards doing anything to survive. This nature will not force a blatantly good HalfWolf to eat a baby, but it will cause it to steal or do other minor evil acts.

Lands[edit]

They will gladly dwell where their pack does, but forests and plains are their ideal.

Religion[edit]

HalfWolves who are desperately seeking a place to belong may become religious, sometimes it works, and gives them the 'pack' they strive for.

Language[edit]

Since HalfWolves are a purely human occurrence, they speak common, but can 'converse' with wolves and dogs, to an extent.

Names[edit]

Most keep the names they are given by their parents.

Racial Traits[edit]

  • +3 STR +2 DEX +2 CON -2 CHA -2 INT : Because of their animalistic heritage they are much stronger then a regular human. They are also faster and more agile, however, they act on impulse and don't have great common sense and find little use in book learning.
  • Humanoid (wolf): Their viciously pointed teeth, wicked claws, furry tail and wolf-like eyes betray their true nature.
  • Size: Medium: Half wolves gain no penalties or bonuses due to size
  • HalfWolf base land speed is 40 feet: no penalties when on difficult terrain created by brush or trees or other terrain.
  • Because of their wolven attributes,they gain Endurance, they also gain a +4 bonus to Search,Spot and Listen checks & also gain these skills with any class. However, they receive a -7 penalty to Diplomacy and Disguise checks with humans and - strangely - elves. They have natural weapons; claws and bite. [Claws do 1d6, Bite does 1d8]& natural armor of 1
  • Low Light Vision
  • Scent: gains the scent feat as an extra
  • Automatic Languages Common. Bonus Languages Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
  • Favored Class: Ranger and Fighter. When deciding if this race takes an experience point penalty neither fighter nor ranger counts.
  • Wolf Empathy (Ex): Communicate with wolves and dire wolves, and +4 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against wolves and dire wolves.
  • Lvl Adjustment: +1

Vital Statistics[edit]

Table: HalfWolf Random Starting Ages
Adulthood Simple Moderate Complex
16 years +1d8 +1d12 +2d8
Table: HalfWolf Aging Effects
Middle Age1 Old2 Venerable3 Maximum Age
35 years 55 years 80 years +50 years
  1. At middle age, +1 to Str, Dex, -1and Con; +1 to Int, -1Wis, and +1Cha.
  2. At old age, −2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
  3. At venerable age, −2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha.
Table: HalfWolf Random Height and Weight
Gender Base Height Height Modifier Base Weight Weight Modifier
Male 5,11' ft" +1d12 ft 200 lb. × (1 1/2) lb.
Female 5,4' feet" +1d10 130 lb. × (1) lb.



Back to Main Page3.5e HomebrewRaces

Personal tools
d20M
miscellaneous
admin area
Terms and Conditions for Non-Human Visitors