Half-Xill (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Born from the unfortunate transmutation of a xill and a humanoid, these creatures tend to take on the best of both species. Nearly as malevolent as their xill forefathers, and cunning and crafty as their humanoid side, they are a terror when unleashed on civilized lands.
 Physical Description
A half-xill stands between 5 and 6 feet in height, and typically weighs around 125-150 lbs.
They have tough scaly skin that varies in shade from deep crimson to fiery orange, and they have little to no hair on their bodies. Any hair they do have is typically patchy and brown to black in coloration.
Half-xill have 4 arms and a pair of powerful legs. Each of their arms end in claw like hands, and their legs are taloned.
Their humanoid ancestry has mellowed out their innate racial hatred of all non-xill, but they still highly distrust all races on general principle. Typically they will only deal with those they see as being subservient.
Chaotic Neutral. They take on many of their xill forefathers habits, but the humanoid aspect allows them much more freedom to choose their own path.
Half-xill prefer warmer climates, though they are able to live in any that a normal human would.
Tribal for the most part. No specific deity.
 Racial Traits
- +4 Dexterity
- +2 Constitution
- -4 Charisma
- +8 racial bonus to climb skill checks, and may always take 10 on any climb check, even when in combat. Retains any dexterity bonuses while climbing.
- +2 racial bonus to spot and listen checks
- +4 natural armor class due to hard scaly skin
- Medium Outsider
- Half-xill base land speed is 40 feet: climb 20 feet
- Bonus Feat: Multiattack
- Bonus Feat: Multiweapon Fighting
- Improved Grab (EX): To use this ability, a half-xill must hit with one or more claw attacks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. It receives a +3 to the grapple check for each successful claw attack. If It wins the grapple and maintains the hold in the next round, it automatically bites the foe at that time. This bite deals no damage but injects a paralytic poison.
- Paralysis (EX): Those bitten by a half-xill must succeed on a fortitude save or be paralyzed for 1d4 hours. The Dc for this check is 14+ the half-xills constitution modifier.
- Improved Climbing (EX): Small hooked scales on the half-xills claws and talons allow them to move across walls and ceilings as if under the effect of a spiderclimb spell.
- Automatic Languages: Xill, Common. Bonus Languages: Any non-restricted
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +3
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||50 years||65 years||+80 years|