Half-Minotaur (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Half-Minotaurs are usually hot-headed and stubborn. They're mistrustful people in general, typically because they have had troubled childhoods and/or have been chased out of towns and scorned by people for their appearance/race. Due to this they tend to be wanderers of sorts and live in the wilderness.
Half-Minotaurs resemble humans for the majority and as such are medium creatures. The average male is around 6'6" tall and the average female is around 6'1" tall. The average male weighs at least 230 lb., whereas the average female weighs at least 180 lb. Most of the time their skin color matches their human parent, but Half-Minotaurs can also have tan, red, brown, white, gray, and black skin colors. Half-Minotaurs can have most feasible eye colors, though red and violet are very rare. Hair colors tend to be brown, black, white, gray, and red, though red is a rare for them. Just about all Half-Minotaurs have horns, even the females. When generating a half-minotaur, if you feel the need, roll a percentile die. 1% have no horns. Some Half-Minotaurs have hooves, but this is an uncommon trait, about a 10% chance. Half-Minotaurs have about a 40% chance to have a tail. Most Half-Minotaurs tend to grow more hair than humans and in more places. It's about a 5% chance for a Half-Minotaur to grow hair over their entire body.
Half-Minotaurs are disliked by most races.
Though most often chaotic neutral, Half-Minotaurs can be any alignment.
Half-Minotaurs feel most comfortable living in plains, large grassy fields, barrens, open forests (not thickly clustered forests), dungeons, mazes and caves.
Half-minotaurs tend to revere the gods of nature, since they feel a close relationship with all things natural, and a special respect for wildlife. However, their parent´s religion may influence their overall view of life. It is unusual, but not unheard of, for half-minotaurs to worship a racial deity, since they will often be but a half-breed in the eyes of proud minotaur gods, or an aberration in the eyes of other gods. This may cause a great hatred in half-minotaurs towards certain excluding churches. A hatred neutral evil gods will not hesitate to use for their own dark purposes, manipulating this race.
Half-Minotaurs tend to pick up Common some way or another. They can learn other languages spoken in the region they live in.
Half-Minotaurs are usually named by their mothers if not orphaned. If the Half-Minotaur is orphaned and not adopted, it goes nameless until it learns a language and names itself something that it identifies with in the language they learn. Names can differ based on what's common in the region they live in.
- +6 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Intelligence
- Humanoid (Minotaur)
- Half-Minotaur base land speed is 30 feet
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +2 natural armor bonus. Half-Minotaurs have thicker and stronger skin then most humans.
- Due to it's heritage a half-minotaur has a racial bonus of +2 bull rush, +3 to charge, +2 to listen and +3 to spot.
- Immense Build: The physical stature of half-minotaur lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a half-minotaur is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the half-minotaur is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A half-mintaur is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A half-minotaur can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Weapon Proficiency: A half-minotaur is proficient with the greataxe and all simple weapons.
- Mighty Weapon: A half-minotaur may wield a two handed weapon as if it were a one handed without any negatives.
- Natural Weapon: Gore (1d8).
- Powerful Charge: A Half-Minotaur is able to perform the typical beginning charge at half proficiency due to it's lesser horn size. It begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the Half Minotaur to make a single gore attack with a +5 attack bonus that deals 2d8+6 points of damage.
- Natural Cunning (Ex): Although minotaurs are not especially intelligent, they possess innate cunning and logical ability. This gives them immunity to maze spells, prevents them from ever becoming lost, and enables them to track enemies. Further, they are never caught flat-footed.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|75 years||160 years||240 years||+4d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6'6"||+2d8||230 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||6'1"||+2d6||180 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|