Half-Elves, Prince of a Thousand Faces (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Half-Elves - Prince of a Thousand Faces
The Half-Elves of Vasel are crafty and militaristic. They are always pulling playful traps on each other, keeping their own assault skills up to par while testing their friend's reflexes. When they are not in combat, they spend much of their free time running combat drills to hone their skills.
 Physical Description
Half-Elves range from just under 5 feet to 6 feet tall and weight about 110-180 lbs. Men tend to be a little taller and heavier than the women. They tend to have fair skin and sandy blond to light brown hair, but they can differ as much as their human parent does.
Half-Elves have very strained relations with almost everyone. Elves see them a lesser species and look upon them with spite. Humans see them as freaks of nature and shun them. Half-Elves maintain their Elven parent's inborn hatred for orcs, half-orcs, and Dwarves. They see halflings as smaller, weaker versions of themselves.
Half-Elves are almost never Lawful. Being rejected from every other established society, they have established a very loose commune in the woods. They tend towards Chaotic due to that they will do almost anything to find some honor for themselves in the eyes of others through war, if nothing else.
Most Half-Elves have established a commune in a remote section of the woods. They protect their lands vigorously because it is all that they have to truly call theirs.
Half-Elves speak a rough combination of Human and Elven. There are a few cases of Half-Elves being kept as slaves in both human and elven tribes. Those who escaped became leaders of the commune and combined their what they knew of their 2 languages and created "Woodland"
Individuals choose their own names once they reach an age when they are considered to be able to speak intelligibly.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Wisdom, −2 Charisma. Half-Elves have spent much time in combat and in the woods and have become very aware of their surroundings. All the time they spend in war has made them very grizzled and unfriendly so other people and races do not tend to look well on them.
- Medium: As medium creatures, Half-Elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-Elves' base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: a half-elf can see twice as far as humans in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immunity to sleep spells and other similar magical effects and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.
- +2 spot, search, and listen checks.
- +2 to intimidate checks.
- Automatically gains the Track feat
- Automatic Languages: Woodland. Bonus Languages: Human, Elven, Orc, Dwarven, Halfling, and Undercommon. Half-Elves tend to learn the languages of those that they have vendettas against.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|120 years||150 years||180 years||+200 years|