Half-Elves, Keran (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
They are as diverse as Karmainians when it comes to personality. Except that is it alot more common for a Half-Elf to feel like an outsider, as its blood is seperate from both of its parent's cultures. Because of this they have learnt to lie, decieve, and charm with great skill so they can merge with the culture rather than being an outsider.
 Physical Description
Karmainians and Dunesti are close enough biologically to reproduce successfully. This results in a Half-Elf. If this Half-Elf breeds with the Karmainian or a Dunesti then the result will be Half-Elf. If the Half-Elf mates with a Newesti then there is no chance for reproduction as they have strayed to far from the Newesti.
A Half-Elf appears Karmainian in many respects, but has thinner darker eyes, tanned skin, and raven coloured hair. The ears of a Half-Elf are pointed like those of a Dunesti. They're arms are thinner, more flexible, but because of their heavier build than Dunesti and the trace amounts of Dead Iron in their body this doesn't increase the Half-Elves agility enough to make a difference.
Most races on Keran pity the Half-Elves, seeing them as outsiders who have no true home. In Sumran society they have no rights and are classed as seen regardless of blood. Karmainians see them as strange yet similar and distrust them as they have the blood of the enemy in them. The Aegis, Dwarves, and Kobolds are slightly saddened by the fact that the Half-Elves aren't part of either of their parent's societies and generally are rather friendly to them.
They do a lot in common with Aasimar and Tiefling, and the three generally get along quite well. Durzite, Murderers, Ranx, and Sarli treat them as they would any other sentient species.
They tend towards Neutral, having no pull to any alignment.
Most Half-Elves travel to or are born in Kratoa as it has a mixture of Elves and Karmainians, while allowing Half-Elves to have equal rights. The other Half-Elves generally reside in Sumra as they have a some rights and Half-Elves aren't seen in a bad light, compared to North Karma where they are openly distrusted and seen as traitors.
Half-Elves generally worship the deities of the local nation.
Half-Elves learn to speak Trade Tongue, and Karmainian, or Sumran depending on its culture.
Half-Elves generally get its name from the cultures of both of its parents.
 Racial Traits
- Humanoid (Elf, Human).
- Medium Size
- Half-Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Charming Nature: A Half-Elf quickly learn to lie and be charming to try and stop them from being outcasts. They gain a +2 racial bonus on all Bluff, and Diplomacy Checks.
- Dunesti Eyes: Half-Elves have keen eyesight which excels in the shadows rather than brightlight. As such they take a -2 racial penalty to appraise, search, and spot checks while in bright light. But they gain a +2 racial bonus to Appraise, Search, and Spot checks while in Shadowy Illumination.
- Karmainian Blood: Because of the Dead Iron in your blood you gain Spell Resistance equal to your half your character level.
- Low-Light Vision: Half-Elves can see twice the distance of Karmainians in Moon-light or otherwise shadowy illumination.
- Favored Class: Any.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|62 years||93 years||125 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 7"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 15"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|