Half-Demon, Demonkin (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A race of half demon, half mortals, shunned by those who do not understand us.
|Average Height: 5'0"-6'5"|
|Average Weight: 110lbs-225lbs|
|Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity,+2 charisma|
|Speed: 7 squares|
|Languages: Common, Abyssal, Choice of either Celestial or Draconic|
|Skill Bonuses: +2 Intimidate, +2 Acrobatics|
|Resistance: Choose fire, acid or cold. You resist that damage type equal to 5, plus your Con modifier.|
|Immunity: Choose electricity or poison. You gain immunity to that kind of damage.|
|Elemental Origin: Your ancestors were demons from the Elemental Plains, so you are considered a elemental creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.|
|Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with any creature that can speak Abyssal, Celestial, or Draconic, but only in that language.|
|Nightmare||Half-Demon Racial Power|
|"You wanted a peek into my mind that bad?"|
|Trigger: Target enemy trying to use a psychic attack|
|Target: Target enemy is overcome by a traumatic waking nightmare, and is rendered dazed. At 11th level, the target also takes 1d6 damage.|
|Summon Demon||Half-Demon Racial Power|
|"I wouldn't call them 'friends', but..."|
|Effect: Gained at 11th level. Once per day, an adept Half-Demon may summon 2d10 Dretches with a 35% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 3rd level spell.|
We are hated and feared by most, and too often, we return those sentiments. However, we must strive to remove these feelings, and show the world that we are not all evil.
Play an half-demon if you want...
- To be a member of a race that is demonic
- To have to overcome Social views on your race
- To be a powerful ally or enemy to those you see fit
- To be a member of a race that can be any class.
Half-Demons vary in height and weight. Typically their hair colors consist of silver, white, or the darker shades of any color. Their skin tones are typically the same as humans although some do tend to have a reddish tint to them. Half-Demons typically have either red or black eyes. The children and grandchildren of Half Demons may be either of their mortal ancestry, or Tieflings. The distinction between them and Half Demons, other than appearance, is distance. Half Demons, by definition, have one demonic parent, whereas Tieflings' may be born of two mortals, either of which have any kind of demonic ancestry.
Playing a Half-Demon
Half-demon Characteristics: Loyal, Fearsome, Courageous, Hot-headed.
Alignment: Any; often chaotic.
Male Names: A Half-Demon's name depends entirely whether or not they were raised by their demonic parent or, more likely, their mortal one. In either case, they take the name of that part of their lineage.
Female Names: See Above
Half-Demons, or Demonkin, are offspring between a demon and a mortal race (willing or otherwise), and are the forebears of Tieflings. They normally take on the appearance of their mortal heritage, though they can take on a fearsome, powerful form once per day. They do this, however, at great physical cost; no mortal body was ever meant to bring that kind of magic to bear. Some fear their demonic heritage, while others embrace it, and ally themselves with their demonic parent. Most simply try to hide what they are, lest they be reviled and shunned as monsters. Stubborn and hot-headed by nature, they are a force to be avoided if enraged.
Three sample half-demon adventurers are described below.
- Kayle is a half-demon Warlock that uses his powers to bring down corrupt governments and free those in bondage. He currently adventures across the land in search for such situations. Though otherwise a virtuous man, he is a wanton philanderer, almost certainly an inheritance from his mother, a Succubus. As he fights against corruption, he also struggles with this darkness inside himself, hoping to one day overcome it.
- Shandra is a half-demon Rogue who founded a thieves guild to become an influential mover-and-shaker in the local underworld. The secret to her success as a thief? Her extensive training in stealth she received at the hands of her father, a Babau, whom she rebelled against and ran away from at the age of 18. After her heritage was discovered, she was shunned by her own guild, driven away by an angry mob. She now adventures in hopes of finding fabulous artifacts and rare items to make her rich. Then, she may prove to both herself and her so-called 'friends' that she never needed them anyway.
- Desrendar is a half-demon fighter who fought in many Arenas. He hopes that one day the army will see past his blood red eyes, and concede that they need him in their ranks. However, as he cares more for the thrill of battle than the petty politics of the military command, he isn't holding his breath for that to happen. More than anything, he hopes to one day become an adept enough warrior to slay his Vrock father, and avenge the rape of his mother, by which he was conceived. Desrendar will move heaven and earth to see justice is served.
Half-Demon/Demonkin Utility Powers
|Demonic Form||Half-Demon Utility 2|
|As your enemies charge at you and your allies, you take on a more Demonic appearance.|
| Effect: You gain +2 Str, +4 Con, and +4 Intimidate bonuses, as well as +2 Natural AC.
The Half-Demon's skin turns dark grey, merging with their clothes and armor, and everywhere they walk, a bright red mist follows. They sprout either batlike or black angelic wings, which allow for them to fly (twice land speed, perfect maneuverability). May stay 1 turn +1 per lvl in demonic form. If they stay more, they receive 1d4 points of damage on their turn before they act.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||400 years||800 years||+3d100 years|