Half-Bugbears (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Half-Bugbears' personalities are dependent mostly on one thing: whether or not they remained in bugbear society. If they did, they are as brutal and ruthless as full-blooded bugbears, although the trueborn ones will never give a half-breed any sort of real power. If they were raised by humans, they will adopt the personality traits of their human parent or guardian as any child would. If they were raised among bugbears but left the tribe (usually out of disgust or spite) they will often seek to do everything a true bugbear wouldn't and have a desire to help people.
Half-Bugbears usually stand between 5 and 6 feet tall, taller than a human but shorter than a full bugbear. Their weight also falls between the natural ranges of both races. Their faces resemble human ones more than bugbears', although they have slightly larger ears than humans in the bugbear shape. Half-Bugbears are always well-built if not outright muscular, which most are due to hard labor. Their eyes can be any color human ones can, but their hair is always black or very dark brown, including their facial hair (which half-bugbears, unlike full-blooded ones, can grow).
Half-Bugbears raised willingly in bugbear society share that race's view toward others. Those not willing to live as a bugbear would, however, prefer most if not all other races to bugbears while simultaneously distrusting them and their hatred of half the Half-Bugbear's bloodline. They tend to prefer humans among other trueborn races, for they are the most accepting, but feel most at ease around other shunned half-breeds - Half-Goblins, Half-Hobgoblins, Half-Trolls, Half-Ogres, Demi-Vamps, etc.
Half-Bugbears raised by the tribe share the common bugbear alignment: Chaotic Evil. Those raised by human kin take on their alignments, while outcasts from bugbear society often have a good alignment as they try to overcome the base opinion most people have of bugbears and their kin.
Like both parent races, Half-Bugbears can survive anywhere. There are rumors of a hidden city of Half-Goblinoids, but none have ever seen it...
Hruggek, the bugbear god, is venerated among tribal Half-Bugbears, while those raised in other circumstances choose for themselves from the multitude of deities in the world.
Half-Bugbears always learn the language of the culture around them, be it Common or Goblin.
Half-Bugbears acquire names just as humans or bugbears do, and the same types of name apply.
- +6 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Dexterity -2 Wisdom, -2 intelligence Half-Bugbears are strong and powerful, but their goblinoid heritage causes most people to dislike them.
- Humanoid (Goblinoid)
- Medium: As Medium-sized creatures, Half-Bugbears gain no bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Half-Bugbear base land speed is 40 feet.
- War Cry: Once per day, a Half-Bugbear can make an Intimidate check at a +10 competence bonus by letting out a loud roar.
- With their inate Bugbear ability they are able to wield weapons one class larger than them, and get exotic weapon proficiency as a base stat
- Automatic Languages: Common and Goblin. Bonus Languages: All (except secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Fighter, Half Bugbears gain 3 extra feats from the fighters bonus feat list as a racial bonus