Half-Bear-Polar (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Polar Bears tend to be loners and don't interact with their own kind almost at all after their tenth birthday. They usually spend their days hiring themselves out as warriors or foraging for for in the frozen wasteland of the tundra. They also have a strong weakness for alcohol.
Polar Bears usually range from 6 1/2 to 8 feet tall and weigh close to 700 to 1000 lbs. They have a thick built frame and strong arms and legs. Except for the fact that their hands have slightly longer and more dexterous fingers and their feet lack toe claws. Their fur ranges anywhere between snow white and grey. You can always tell a Half-Polar Bear from a regular bear because of their eyes, their eyes are always a dark shade of violet.
Polar-Bears tend to work well with dwarfs, gnomes and humans. They don't like orcs or half-orcs and hate Giants.
Lawful Good, Neutral Good, True Neutral, or Neutral Evil.
Obviously the bare tundra of the arctic suits them best but they have also been found is snowy mountain ranges and on cold islands.
Polar Bears worship Narzrar, goddess of snow and ice.
Giant, Dwarf,Common Elvish.
Polar-Bears are given names by their mother.
- +8 Strength, +6 Constitution, −2 Intelligence, +2; Charisma: Polar Bears are amazingly strong and resilliant but do not think fast and are loners.
- Dark-vision 60ft
- racial bonus on +4 to swim, +2 Intimidate checks,+2 listen.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Ursine):
- Large: Large: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Poler-Bear base land speed is 40 feet: When on four legs the Polar-bear can run at a speed of 60 feet.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarf,Giant and elvish.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7 ' 10"||+ 0||710 lb.||× (0) lb.|
|Female||8' 3"||+ 0||550 lb.||× (0) lb.|