Gronwhals (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gronwhals are evil imperiallistic creatures that wage war and conquest as much as they can.
Gronwhals are large, ugly creatures, averaging at about 7'6" and 400 pounds. They have black skin and black hair. Their eyes can be of any color. They have two small black horns on the sides of their forehead. Males and females have no physical size difference.
Gronwhals are violent creatures that ususally don't get along with any other races. They may travel with other creatures, but only do so if that creature is able to prove themselves worthy of respect, usually by strength of arm.
Gronwhals are always evil, and they usually have chaotic tendencies.
Gronwhals live anywhere that they can wage war, which is anywhere that isn't underwater.
Gronwhals are usually atheist, though they may believe in certain deities, they are taught from birth that asking for help is weakness, so they never pray. If they do have a deity, it is usually one of war or violence.
Gronwhals speak common and abyssal. They can learn virtually any language through conquest.
Gronwhal names are usually acts of violence. Common names are Slaughter, Malice, Destruction, etc.
- +8 Strength, +4 Constitution, -4 Dexterity, -4 Intelligence, -4 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: Gronwhals are physically strong and tough, but they are both physically and mentally slow.
- Monstrous Humanoid:
- Medium size: Gronwhals have no bonuses or penalties based on size
- Gronwhal base land speed is 30 ft, Gronwhals can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Darkvision 90 feet.
- +4 Skill bonus to itimidate: Gronwhals are more intimidating than normal creatures due to there size and love of violence.
- +2 bonus to will saves: Although gronwhals aren't very wise, they are incredibly stubborn, which gives them a strong will.
- Powerful Build:The physical stature of a gronwhal lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever a gronwhal is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the gronwhal is treated as one size category larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A gronwhal is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size(such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A gronwhal's unarmed strikes deal damage as if he were one size category larger, and he can use weapons designed for a creature one size category larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Automatic Languages:Common and Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
|10 years||+1d4 (i.e. Barbarian, Rogue, and Sorcerer)||+1d6(i.e. Bard, Fighter, Paladin, and Ranger)||+2d4 (i.e. Cleric, Druid, Monk, and Wizard)|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||150 years||200 years||+ 2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6'8 "||+2d8||350 lb.||× 2d6 lb.|
|Female||6'8"||+2d8||350 lb.||× 2d6 lb.|