Goblins, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Goblins are a selfish and nasty race usually, caring not for anyone but themselves, and taking advantage of anyone who is less intelligent than themselves. However, some goblins are respectable people who try to fit in with society or even fight for the "good guys".
Standing between 4'8' (1.46 Meters) and 6 feet tall (1.83 Meters), and weighing about 65 kilograms (143 lbs), these gaunt creatures are slimy and green. They have pointy ears and sharp needle-like teeth, and are often bald. Goblins are not known for being a physically attractive race.
Goblins often live amongst more civilized races such as humans, mainly to mooch of their society's kindness and wealth. They do not trust the randomness of a human's personality, enjoy the company of Halflings and Orcs, despise Elves, and get on well with Dwarves of a less lawful nature.
Goblins vary more towards chaos than order. Not to say that they don't work well together, however. Although they are scoundrels and thieves that are rarely good, they are more often neutral than evil.
Naturally they dwell underground, however they come to the surface to make money any way they can, preferring night to day.
Goblin religion varies greatly. Some worship the patron goblin god, while others worship any god that fits in with their agenda or personality.
Goblins speak Common and Goblin, many learn the languages of thieves or the local people.
Some goblins take racial names and others adapt the names of other creatures such as Halflings or Humans. Male: Scab, Crinkle, Findle, Jibbs, Bungo, Zab, Duke. Female: Larr, Flara, Catlona, Silonda, Hillin, jebi, sazza.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution
- Humanoid (Goblinoid)
- Medium Size
- Treasure Cunning: +4 Appraise with precious metals, +2 Search and Craft with precious metals.
- Warcry: at the cost of one temporary charisma point, they may make an demoralizing Intimidate check with a +4 bonus (free action)
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day: arcane mark, mending and cure minor wounds.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin Bonus Languages: Undercommon, Gnoll, Orc, Dwarven, Halfling, and Feline (language of all feline humanoids).
- Favored Class: Rogue or Bard
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||45 years||60 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 6”||+3d6||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 4”||+3d6||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|