Gnorf (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gnorfs are the result of a rare effect of dwarf-gnome crossbreeds. While most such mixes favor one or the other race, generally the mother's, a rare few have both the dwarf half of the gnorf gene, and the gnomish half. The gene can even hide for a few generations, so that a dwarf with no knowledge of a gnomish great-grandfather could have a gnorf (or vice-versa). They are hairy, clumsy, and less intelligent than their kin, so they are generally treated to a friendly sort of bondage, treated more like pets or beasts of burden than kin.
Gnorfs are extremely shy, tending to want to burrow to safety rather than interact whenever possible. If forced to interact with others, they are skittish, but fanatically loyal to any who accept them as equals.
 Physical Description
The average Gnorf is 3-1/2 to 4 feet tall, with very hairy faces and bodies, generally brown or brown-grey hair, but sometimes blond or dark colored. They are thinner than dwarves, with about the same build (for their height) of humans, making them run 70-90 lbs. Their skin is often pale, almost white, but they can tan if they spend much time above ground. Their eyes are the one outstanding feature, being extremely bright, almost gem-like, and coming in an astounding variety of colors. They have large hands and short, thick fingers. They only have 3 fingers and a thumb on each hand, and have claw like nails that extend out of the fingers and are retractable.
Gnorfs get along best with Gnomes and Dwarfs, as those are the races Gnorfs are descended from, but even these races tend to put the gnorfs into an enlightened form of slavery, regarding them as little more than semi-intelligent mining tools. They have either the dwarvish or gnomish attitude about goblinoids and orcs. If a human, halfling, elf, or other sentient creature treats the gnorf as an equal, or even just kindly, the Gnorf will probably be very grateful, and will probably have that attitude towards the entire race. Likewise, they will have a negative attitude towards a race if their first encounter is negative.
Gnorfs are generally good, and tend towards chaotic if they are raised by Gnomes, or lawful if raised by Dwarves.
Gnorfs are even more subterranean than Dwarves, and tend to see the ground as an escape route. They tend towards mild fear of open spaces, and are nervous on boats, airships, or other vessels which take them from the safety of the earth. They have a good tolerance for temperature, similar to their relatives.
Gnorfs worship the gods of Dwarves and Gnomes, depending on upbringing, but they seek friendly, caring, and feminine deities, especially those which care for the helpless and children.
Gnorfs speak common and the language of the race which raised them (Gnome or Dwarf)
Gnorfs take Dwarvish or Gnomish names, but often shorten them to one syllable.
 Racial Traits
- Type: Humanoid (gnome, dwarf)
- Stat Bonuses: +4 Con, -2 Int, -2 Cha
- Size: Small
- Base Land Speed: 20 feet and 10 feet burrow
- Automatic Languages: common, and either dwarven or gnomish
- Favored class: Fighter or Barbarian
- Darkvision 60 feet
- Improved stonecunning (as stonecunning, but +4)
- Weapon familiarity, Gnorfs may treat either dwarven waraxes and urgroshes, or gnome hooked hammers, as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons
- +2 saves vs poison
- +2 saves vs spells and spell like effects
- +2 racial bonus on appraise and craft checks related to stone or metal
- +4 dodge bonus to AC vs giant type monsters
- Either +1 to attack vs orcs and goblinoids (if raised by dwarves) or +1 to attack vs kobolds and goblinoids, plus a +2 bonus to save vs illusion spells (if raised by gnomes)
- A Gnorf has retractable claws which are extremely tough. They allow the Gnorf to dig through earth at 10 feet of movement, and stone at half that speed. They also allow a gnorf who is not holding a weapon in a hand to use his claws as a weapon, claws have the same stats as a masterwork knife, though they do one extra point of damage due to the raking action of 3 claws hitting at once. Gnorfs are treated as having the two weapon fighting feat but only for their claws (ie: if fighting with 2 claws, you only take -2 to attack, if fighting with a sword and claws, take -6 to attack with the sword, and -2 for the claw).
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|112 years||169 years||225 years||+3d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 4"||+2d4||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||3' 2"||+2d4||65 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Much Thanks to Sledged for creating and fixing this table|