Gnome, Keran (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
They are quirky and some find this quite annoying. They are always trying to build something, something that starts small in planning, but ends up a lot bigger. They fill their lives with inventions which are strange and dangerous. Because of the fact that a new invention can change the whole gnome culture in a day, gnomes are normally chaotic.
 Physical Description
They are small, their sizes ranging between 3 and 4 feet tall, with females being slightly shorter than males. They have dark skin tanned skin all over their bodies. Their faces have whiskers growing from their cheeks, which are heat sensitive. After many explosions caused by inventions, Gnomes have evolved a resistance to fire.
They have a small amount of a talent with magic which helps them craft new devices.
Basically all races tolerate gnomes. Except for Kobolds. Kobolds are in a war that has being going on for thousands of year's. The cause of the War was an attrocity commited by the Gnomes.
They tend towards Chaotic Neutral, adding new things to thier inventions each day that are completly unessisary.
Their only lands are the Turvarn Mountains. They used to live on a large mechanical island, powered by powerful gears, and steam. It was destroyed in the Second Era by the Kobolds, which has furthered the hatred between the two races.
They rarely worship themselves as they aren't sure if the Deities really exist. We can't see them, we can't interact with them. And those that use Divine Magic are probably just tapping into Arcana magic via thier faith.
They all speak speak Trade Tongue and Mechan.
Thier names are short and effiecent words in the language of Mechan.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Consititution, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Gnome).
- Small Size
- Gnomes base land speed is 20 feet.
- Fire Resistance: Fire Resistance 1. As their race is used to explosions, they have developed a resistance to fire.
- Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice the distance of Karmainians in Moon-light or otherwise shadowy illumination.
- Mechanist: +4 racial bonus on craft checks.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—Heat Metal. A gnome with a intelligence score of at least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + gnome’s Int modifier + spell level.
- Whiskers: Gnome whiskers are heat-sensitive. This allows them to sense fire coming at them before others normally would. This grants them a +2 racial bonus on saves against fire.
- Favored Class: Any.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||150 years||200 years||+3d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 0"||+2d4||40 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 10"||+2d4||35 lb.||× (1) lb.|