Ghul (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Because of their heritage, Ghul tend to travel singly, hunting for meat, preferably human. In most cases, a ghul will go insane. Some attempt to learn necromancy, or to summon demons in order to gain power, prestige or infamy.
Ghul inherit the height and weight of their mother's race, however they have red eyes, grey or almost black skin, long claws, sharp teeth and purple or green hair. Ghul are born mature and fighting fit. Many eat their mother from the inside out, others simply claw their way out. Ghul also do not age like most other races. They will live, exactly the same as they first appeared, until killed.
Because of the obviously evil nature of Ghul, they are cast out of the society of any race unless the society is primarily Nuetral or chaotic evil. They also get along well with undead. Ghul who try to fit into society sometimes disguise themselves as their mother's race, generally with illusion spells. Illusion cannot mask the perpetual stench of rotting meat that follows Ghul, so a Ghul in a group of people stands out, and is cast out.
A ghul is any Evil alignment. A cleric or paladin's detect evil will immediately point out a ghul.
Ghul can live anywhere, but they prefer places that contain graveyards.
If a ghul does worship a god, it will generally be Nerull or Wee Jass. Other religions depend on the Ghul's chosen class: e.g. A rogue Ghul may worship olidimarra or Garl Glittergold.
A ghul speaks the language of it's mother's race. They can also communicate easily with other undead.
Ghul names tend to be gutteral and monosyllabic.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity and -2 Charisma: Ghul retain the changes to their bodies that came upon them when the mother was transformed, giving them greater strength and dexterity, but the transformations to the body detract from their physical appearance, lowering their charisma.
- Size: The creatures size varies, depending on it's parents.
- Darkvision 60 ft.: Ghul can see 60 feet with no light, but only in black and white.
- Susceptibility to silver: Ghul take 5 extra points of damage from any weapon made of silver.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gutterspeak. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Abyssal, Infernal.
- Favored Class: The Ghul's favored class is the same as the favored class of it's parents.
- Level Adjustment: +1
A ghul is not subject to the effects of aging. Ghul random height and weight is based on the height of the parent's race.