Gemlings (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gemlings are extroverted, bright, and free-thinking. they are also physically tough and always have a source of money. these traits give them a natural confidence that is difficult to dispel.
Gemlings most notable physical feature is the fact that their skin is encrusted with small, semiprecious gems. this quality makes them sparkle and shimmer in the light, and gives them a strange luminescence. a gemling stands around 5 1/2 ft tall, but generally weighs between 170-180 lbs due to the small gems encrusted in their skin. females weigh less than males.
Gemlings get along well with elves, dwarves and gnomes. They admire elves for their beauty and grace, and dwarves for their love of gems and their dedicated ways. Gnomes and gemlings get along well because the two races share similar values and both have a love of beautiful objects.
The majority of gemlings are good.
Gemlings generally live among humans, elves, or dwarves. they would love to live with gnomes, but size is an issue.
Gemlings speak common and their own language, gemling. they speak the languages of their allies, the elves, dwarves, and gnomes.
Gemlings are named after different types of semiprecious and precious stones. there are no distinction between male and female names.
Names: Sapphire, Garnet, Emerald, Topaz, Pyrite, Amethyst, Peridot, Citron.
- +2 charisma.
- medium humanoid (earth).
- gemling base land speed is 30 ft.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- +2 racial bonus on will saves against fear effects.
- gems (ex): a gemling's skin is encrusted with small, semiprecious stones. a gemling can pry off these stones, but doing so is painful and deals 1 point of damage to the gemling. each stone is worth 1 gp. when a gemling dies, an opponent can rush to try to rip off some gems before the strong acids in the gemling's body destroys the gems. the opponent rolls a d20. this is the number of gems they can take.
- vulnerability to acid: gemlings take 25% extra damage from acid attacks.
- +2 racial bonus on appraise checks related to gems.
- automatic languages: common, gemling. bonus languages: draconic, dwarven, elven, gnome.
- favored class: warmage (sorcerer)