Gelflings (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
"When single shines the triple sun. What was sundered and undone shall be whole; the two made one. By gelfling hand or else by none. “ –Old Gelfling Prophecy.
Gelfling are prone to simple living. Their homes made of stone and straw. Gelflings believe that taking more than their share is more harmful than good as it also does them more harm than good. A Gelfling is so in tune with nature that when it's surroundings are unbalanced and unhealthy then they are often uneasy and unhealthy. Gelfling women experience infertility in these conditions. Gelfling are known for their friendliness and warmth. They prefer harmony and family above all things.
Gelflings are never more than 3-4 feet in height. They possess four digits on hands and feet and pointed ears. Their skin color and hair color is as diverse as humans. Most female's eyes are blue in color and males usually have brown or green eyes. Women have a pair of collapsable wings that has limited flight capability and are mostly used for gliding.
Gelfling are a peaceful people and do not hold any race higher or lower than themselves unless they have wronged the Gelfling in the past someway. Gelfling have an ability that's called Dreamfasting which allows a Gelfling to read an individuals thoughts with a touch. This of course works both ways, as the individual can also read the gelfling's thoughts. This helps keep the peace between the Gelflings and other races, it shows that neither have anything to hide.
Gelfling tend to be of the good or neutral alignment.
Gelflings feel most comfortable living in deep jungles. Their communion with nature allows them to better live in the naturally hostile enviroment. Bogs and marshes are also homes to Gelfling who commune with the muddy waters and its inhabitents. Gelfling homes resemble that of human jungle life. Their homes are often square and made up of rocks and stone and fortified with moss. The males often carve beautiful artwork into the walls and Gelfling pictograms.
Gelfling have their own language and it is written in pictograms, however olny males in Gelfling soceity can read and understand them. Women have other traits but are unable to learn the written word. Gelfling language is called Grana, which translates to 'words that are heard,' the pictograms are called Granof, which means 'words that stay.'
Gelfling names are passed down from ancestor to children. Most names in Gelfling culture are simple, 2 syllables for females and one for men.
Ex. Female: Kira, Kita, Hara. Male: Gen, Hoz, Jin.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Strength: Due to Gelfling's size they are faster and physically weaker than other species.
- Humanoid (Fey)
- Small: +1 to Armor Class, +1 on attack rolls, +4 on hide checks, −4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of medium characters.
- Gelflings base land speed is 20 feet: Female Glide speed is 40 feet
- Females only: Gliding (Ex): A female Gelfling can use her wings to glide, negating damage taken from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Even if a Gelfling's manuverability improves, she cant hover while gliding. A Gelfling can't glide with a medium or heavy load. If a gelfling is rendered unconcious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally stiffen. She then desends in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 of falling damage, no matter what the distance fo fall is.
- Males only: Comprehend Languages(Sp): Constant; Male Gelflings can understand any language that is spoken to them, however this does not mean they can respond in the same manner. Caster level is 5.
- Dreamfasting (Ps): 3 times a day— When a Gelfling makes physical contact with an individuals flesh it will automatically cast: charm monster(DC 17) detect thoughts (DC 15) suggestion(DC 16). Manifester level is 8. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Grana, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Any accept for secret ones.
- Favored Class: Male- Bard, Mage, Sorcerer, Druid. Females- Celeric, Druid
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|20 years||70 years||90 years||+1d20 years|