Gebby (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gebby behavior is almost a strange parody of human behavior, as well as the behavior of humanoids in general; like humans greatly exaggerated. For this reason, gebbys are often viewed as a people of extremes,and this is true; compared to humans, gebbys are far more likely to be pious worshipers of a deity, whether that deity is in favor of good or ill. Likewise, gebbys are also far more likely to be consummate blasphemers, yelling curses at the gods, be they good or ill, and challenging their power. This does not mean that that all gebbys fall one one extreme of the spectrum or the other; the majority of gebbys still fall between the extremes.
 Physical Description
Gebbys are humanoid in shape, typically 5 to 6 feet tall, weigh about 125-250 pounds, men and women are about the same weight. gebby have dark gray skin, Black hair, and sunken eyes with orange scleras and black Irises. Each has two horns, that vary widely in shape and size. They are Red near the skull, yellow near the tip, and orange in between, and grow steadily with age. Their teeth are usually pointed and conical, but may be similar to a humans; some may be longer than others and resemble tusks or fangs. Their teeth and horns are usually useless in battle. Piercings, tattoos and other body art are just as varied and common as they are among humans. The royalty have gills and fin shaped ears.
The gebby are a people of extremes; they may either trade with or seek total destruction with anyone they come in contact with. While usually either one or the other, there may be gebby civilizations that will trade with some and go with all out war with others ignoring very few, usually for arbitrary reasons. Far more common are gebby civilizations that simply wish to be left alone, and will kill anyone who insist on bothering them. It all depends on the morals and ethics of the ruler.
Morally, most gebby are neutral. Many of those that are not, tend towards the extremes of alignment. Ethically, their alignment tendencies depend on their blood color; the higher the blood, the more likely to be lawful. (Fuchsia blood has no tenancies toward any alignment, nor has a tenancy to be at the extreme but are almost never true neutral.)
An individual gebby can live almost anywhere, but large gebby colonies are almost Invariably near inhabitable water, since the rulers of a large colony will likely be aquatic. Gebby are usually nocturnal by nature, and have a difficult time adjusting to a diurnal life style; they are therefore more likely to live in an area that is unaffected by a solar cycle, such as limbo, the elemental plane of water, or the underdark.
Most gebbys practice a kind of ancestor worship where a gebby will use the idea of a unusually genetically similar ancestor as a standard to emulate and measure up to. If a gebby worships a deity, it is often Gebbyblybyb. Gebbys do not bury their dead, are duogamous, and never know who their parents are.
All gebby speak Common. They will often learn other languages as well, depending on where they live; on the Elemental Plane of Water, they will most likely learn Aquan, in the Abyss, Abyssal, in forests Sylvan and/or Elven, etc.
Gebby will often Assimilate a language by mixing the languages that they know with each other, using their own alphabet when writing in any language, and applying their own slang to the languages they speak. Gebby slang, which is most often used by the lower castes in the hemospectrum, consists of omitting the name of a creature or object, and instead using a short, accurate description of the object; e.g. a war axe may be referred to as a "Short-bladed-large-chopping-weapon" a Rapier may be referred to as a "Elegant-long-bladed-weapon".
Gebby names are chosen by their lusus after they emerge from the trials endured by every gebby grub Before they are allowed their own hive. They are in two parts, each usually six letters long and are based, at least loosely, on what sound their lusus made after they emerged from the cave they hatched in (after passing the trials). Sometime after becoming an adult a gebby will usually earn or choose a tittle, that can have several parts one of which is usually eight letters long.
 Racial Traits
- Varies: Hemospectrum, Mutations, and Racial powers are all variables
- Aberration (Psionic): Gebbys are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
- Medium:As Medium creatures, gebby have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Gebby base land speed is 30 feet.
- Weapon and armor Proficiency: Sickle, War Sickle, Morningstar, Light Crossbow, Medium armor and Shields; Indigo:Long bow (Instead of crossbow), STRONG: Unarmed Strike, Crossbow as a club (or Broken Long Bow); Fuchsia: Double Trident (And NOTHING Else.)
- Naturally Psionic: Gebby (Except Fuchsia) Gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level, powers are manifested using a chosen ability; Int, Wis, or Cha.
- Psionics (Ps): Each gebby (Except Fuchsia) may choose 1 (or more) psionic power(s) at Character Creation. Additional Powers require a mutation.
- Mutations (Ex): Each gebby (Except Fuchsia) may choose 1 (or more) Mutation(s) at Character Creation. LA can't be set below zero or above one.
- Darkvision (Ex): out to 60ft. Nauseated in sunlight.
- Hemospectrum: gebby have multiple blood colors chosen at Character creation. Certain blood colors have specific characteristics.
- Timeless Body (Ex):Fuchsia blooded gebbys do not take ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged.
- Aquatic (Ex): An Aquatic gebby (one with violet or fuchsia blood) has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line. It can breathe under water, and on land.
- Lusus: Each gebby is bonded with a creature during what is best described as a coming of age ceremony that kills most of the grubs. The creature they are bonded to usually has low to mid range intellect, and may or may not be magical in nature. The lusus is treated as the animal companion, familiar, and/or psicrystal for a gebby that has a class compatible with them. A Lusus that is killed does not incur an experience penalty, and may be revived. If a gebby is able to telepathically communicate, they may do so with their lusus.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Most: Psion, Non-Psionic: Any, Cerulian: Cerulian Imitatior, Fuchsia/Violet: Aristocrat, STRONG: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +1, can be lowered to 0. Fuchsia: 0
Unfavorable: -1LA for each
- Feeble: -2 Con
- Non-Psionic: Gain neither a Power nor Power Points, lose the (Psionic) Subtype
- Talentless: No Slightly Favorable Mutation
Slightly Unfavorable: Scaled by what the stat would have been: ≥18=-2LA; 17–14=-1LA; ≤13= -0LA
- Weak: -2 Str
- Ridged: -2 Dex
- Dumb: -2 Int
- Careless: -2 Wis
- Ugly: -2 Cha
Neutral: ±0 LA
- Albino: White hair instead of black.
- Day Walker: No Dark Vision, Not Dazed in Sunlight.
- Dual pairs of horns: Two pairs of horns instead of one.
- Mutant Blood: Blood Color is the Same as a Human's (Excessively rare, Individuals with this blood color often go to great lengths to make sure no one EVER finds out about it.)
- Orphan: Lusus was killed or taken at some point. You may be questing to get it back. (For when a Gebby chooses a Lusus too powerful for their starting level)
- Psychic: Treat First racial Hit die as a 1st level in Psion; start with zero class levels, during level up, your gebby becomes a 2nd level psion, treat racial Power Points and powers as overlapping with Psion class features. A Psychic gebby does not gain Psion class armor and weapon proficiency.
- Versatile: Instead of gaining racial Weapon Proficiency, gain an extra skill point at each level.
Slightly Favorable: +0 LA for 1, +1 LA for 2, +2 LA for 4, +3 for 5, +5 for 6
- Aquatic: A gebby that is Aquatic is considered to have a mutation from this list for purposes of level adjustment.
- Bio-Luminescence: Can emit light as bright as a torch as a move action, and cease emitting light as a free action.
- Hard Teeth and Horns: Bite and Gore attacks (1d6 per 3 levels)
- Normal: Bonus Feat
- STRONG: +X Str, -X/2: Wis, Cha. X=2d3 (Remainder goes to wisdom)
- Speedy: +10 Base Land Speed, -1 Con
- Smell Color: Blind sense 30 Ft. in Lit Conditions
- Vision Twofold: 3d4 Power points (No other racial power points, regain (Psionic) Subtype if "Non-Psionic")
- Extra Power: +1 LA
- Vision Eight Fold: See invisible; +2 LA
Each power uses 1 power point
- Bolt:A You create a few enhanced short-lived bolts, arrows, or bullets.
- Call to Mind: Gain additional Knowledge check with +4 competence bonus.
- Catfall:A Instantly save yourself from a fall.
- Charm, Psionic:A Makes one person your friend.
- Comprehend Languages: You understand all spoken and written languages.
- Control Object: Telekinetically animate a small object.
- Create Sound: Create the sound you desire.
- Crystal Shard:A Ranged touch attack for 1d6 points of piercing damage.
- Dissipating Touch:A Touch deals 1d6 damage.
- Distract: Target gets –4 bonus on Listen, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.
- Empathy:A You know the subject’s surface emotions.
- Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
- Energy Ray:A Deal 1d6 energy (cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) damage.
- Expeditious Retreat: Your speed increases by 30 ft.
- Far Hand:A Move small objects at a limited distance.
- Float: You buoy yourself in water or other liquid.
- IdentifyM: Determines properties of magic item.
- Jump: Subject gets bonus on Jump checks.
- Know Direction and Location: You discover where you are and what direction you face.
- Mind Thrust:A Deal 1d10 damage.
- Missive:A Send a one-way telepathic message to subject.
- Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
- Repletion: Go 24 hours without needing to eat or drink. (as an Elan.)
- Silent Image: Creates minor illusion of your design.
- True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.
- Unseen Servant: Invisible force obeys your commands.
- Vigor:A Gain 5 temporary hit points.
 Vital Statistics
|Blood Color||Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Burgundy||30 years||45 years||60 years||+1d10 years|
|Umber||35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d10 years|
|Orchre||50 years||75 years||100 years||+3d10 years|
|Lime||70 years||105 years||140 years||+3d12 years|
|Olive||100 years||150 years||200 years||+3d20 years|
|Jade||125 years||188 years||250 years||+4d20 years|
|Teal||150 years||225 years||300 years||+1d% years|
|Cerulean||200 years||300 years||400 years||+2d% years|
|Indigo||250 years||325 years||500 years||+3d% years|
|Purple||300 years||450 years||600 years||+4d% years|
|Violet||500 years||750 years||1,000 years||+5d% years|
|Fuchsia||50 years||100 years||150 years||Indefinite|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||105 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|